license reciprocate..please HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNIEL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my license in GA, and will start work here. But I want to get a license in NJ, BUT I want to keep my GA license for next few years.
MY FIRST QUESTION IS... what's difference b/w reciprocate vs. pharmacist by examination?
I paid $75 on NABP for the score transfer, and waiting for ATT for NJ MPJE.
What is the next step? submit an application on NJ DCA($125)?
what other things should I take into considerations?
please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you took your naplex recently, score transfer; from my understanding--if you reciprocate you move your license to that state and make that state your primary. I could be wrong though! Im getting licensed in 2 states via score transfer.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my license in GA, and will start work here. But I want to get a license in NJ, BUT I want to keep my GA license for next few years.
MY FIRST QUESTION IS... what's difference b/w reciprocate vs. pharmacist by examination?
I paid $75 on NABP for the score transfer, and waiting for ATT for NJ MPJE.
What is the next step? submit an application on NJ DCA($125)?
what other things should I take into considerations?
please help!![/QUOTE

Your GA license = by examination. You have 90 days from the day you took the NAPLEX to request a score transfer to other states for $75/each. If you wait longer than 90 days, you would then have to reciprocate your license and you would do that through NABP and the initial application fee for the first state is $375 and $75 for each additional state. I would say it is worth paying $75 dollars for as many states as you are able to now. Most states will give you 1 year to complete your application from the day they receive your score. I would double check with the BOPs of your target states, though.

From your post, it sounds you may be wondering if reciprocating your license would mean that you would not be able to keep your GA license. You are actually able to keep both for as long as you maintain them; i.e., pay renewal fees on time, meet CE requirements, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
If you took your naplex recently, score transfer; from my understanding--if you reciprocate you move your license to that state and make that state your primary. I could be wrong though! Im getting licensed in 2 states via score transfer.
thank you. I did score transfer, and paid for NJ MPJE. just waiting for ATT, but wondering if there's anything I should do.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am not sure that it means that you make one state your primary. You end up with 2 licenses and could potentially float in both states. Either way it's 2 licenses.

I am not sure that it means that you make one state your primary. You end up with 2 licenses and could potentially float in both states. Either way it's 2 licenses.

I had to select a primary when setting up my testing..I'm not sure what difference that makes. I thought you could only reciprocate from your primary in the future, but I could be completely wrong!