Licensing in MD

Started by Sameer210
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sameer210

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to get my pharmacist license in Maryland. Because of the bad weather, the board has been closed all week. I see that MAryland requires 1200 pharmacy experience hours for New York State pharmacy graduates. According to my school, I have accumulated 1134 pharmacy experience hours during my rotations, but I have been working in a hospital as a pharmacy intern for almost three years. According to the application packet, I have to submit an "Employer's affidavit" that I have completed additional hours. Is there a specific form from the Board have that I can give to my employer? Or can my Pharmacy supervisor just write up a letter and notarize it? I searched on their website, but couldn't find a form. I wasn't sure about the procedure.
 
since ur working for three yrs as intern, im supposing
they are paid hours. the board imo will not accept that.
 
I want to get my pharmacist license in Maryland. Because of the bad weather, the board has been closed all week. I see that MAryland requires 1200 pharmacy experience hours for New York State pharmacy graduates. According to my school, I have accumulated 1134 pharmacy experience hours during my rotations, but I have been working in a hospital as a pharmacy intern for almost three years. According to the application packet, I have to submit an "Employer's affidavit" that I have completed additional hours. Is there a specific form from the Board have that I can give to my employer? Or can my Pharmacy supervisor just write up a letter and notarize it? I searched on their website, but couldn't find a form. I wasn't sure about the procedure.

From the MD Board of Pharmacy website:
"
A. An applicant shall complete one of the following as a prerequisite to Board licensure:

1. 1,000 hours of a school-supervised professional experience program conducted by a school of pharmacy accredited by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education; or

2. 1,560 hours of full-time training, under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacists. The licensed pharmacists providing direct supervision shall be approved by the Board."
👍