Licensure application and background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tran1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Having one arrest for something small should not preclude you form obtaining a license, but it is still up to the board's decision. Full disclosure is usually the best route when dealing with the board application. At this time your best option could be to just wait and see if they bring it up. You can always run your own background check to see if the records come up. I have read that records could still remain even if expunged.

Yeah looks like the best thing for you to do is wait? I've never been in that situation but maybe you could have explained it as you did to us?

Run your own background check with the state patrol in Florida. It should be easy to do- just go to their website and download a form to send with a fee, most likely.

If you were under 18, I think the chances of that being found are nil. If you were an adult, you may want to double check the status of your case. I think you could call the clerk of court where the case took place? It is possible to make an agreement with the court to have something taken off your record, but then it doesn't happen, because you had to physically go pick up the papers and bring them to another office or something. Or the court was supposed to mail the order and for some reason it never happened. so I would double check that it went through as expected.

If the record was expunged, as you say, that means it's not supposed to be on your record. You could call the lawyer and ask them to explain the exact consequences of the case. I'd rather do my own snooping so I didn't get any nasty surprises, especially if they were due to someone's error.