You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Lidocaine 0.5% with epi effective for skin local?
Started by pastafan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted162650
With the lidocaine shortage I am looking for alternatives. I have only used Lido 0.5% for Bier blocks. Will this concentration be effective for skin local?
Yes, it’ll work just fine. If you’re just talking about skin local for a needle stick, then pretty much anything works. There’s a study out there showing saline is just as effective as lido for skin local during epidural placement.
Wow. That's hilariousYes, it’ll work just fine. If you’re just talking about skin local for a needle stick, then pretty much anything works. There’s a study out there showing saline is just as effective as lido for skin local during epidural placement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted162650
Wow. That's hilarious
I use the 1/8th% bupi + fent bag solution for skin local for all my epidurals, and I’ll vouch that it works just as good as 2% lido. Hell, it probably even burns less.
I use the 1/8th% bupi + fent bag solution for skin local for all my epidurals, and I’ll vouch that it works just as good as 2% lido. Hell, it probably even burns less.
That's actually good to know. Most of the complaints I tend to hear during epidurals/spinals is during local infiltration
Yep do a skin weal with 0.9% saline and fire away. I've seen it done for a pleural drain.There’s a study out there showing saline is just as effective as lido for skin local during epidural placement.
There’s a study out there showing saline is just as effective as lido for skin local during epidural placement.
Yep do a skin weal with 0.9% saline and fire away. I've seen it done for a pleural drain.
You guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was Screaming the whole time...
SCREAMING*
Last edited:
Salty just trying to get me fired so I have to come down to SoCal with him lolYou guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was creaming the whole time...
D
deleted162650
You guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was creaming the whole time...
Not trolling. The study has been done. You prob just happened to do it on a wimpy pt that woulda “creamed” either way.
D
deleted162650
Salty just trying to get me fired so I have to come down to SoCal with him lol
We are gonna need another cardiac guy sooner than later.
No, it's a real effect.You guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was creaming the whole time...
Works better as a skin wheal rather than infiltration of a larger area, if that makes sense.
Weird response from the patient. You should definitely write that up as a case report.You guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was creaming the whole time...
Never believed in a skin wheal, except for IV start, they hurt. Less painful to bury needle and inject on the way out.
I would think it works by nerve stunning by compression or deplacement, you have to go strait in after the saline skin weal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys are trolling right? Once I accidentally used the saline bottle rather than the 2% lido in the kit and the patient was creaming the whole time...
you should have showed him the study ...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 51
- Views
- 5K