Life's over!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Handstand pushups will be the death of me :mad:
Wait a second, the guy that squats 405x5 does Crossfit? Say it ain't so man!

Members don't see this ad.

Wait a second, the guy that squats 405x5 does Crossfit? Say it ain't so man!

Ha! I know :oops: I squatted 405x5 and did the BB thing until a back injury. Took six months off and started crossfit as it seemed to fit better with rx school due to length of workouts. The powerlifting portion of it still got me as I reinjured my back doing deads and haven't been able to go beyond 30% in workouts for 2yrs. I'm wayyyyy out of shape now. Recent MRI says I have a herniated disc and scoliosis. Ugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha! I know :oops: I squatted 405x5 and did the BB thing until a back injury. Took six months off and started crossfit as it seemed to fit better with rx school due to length of workouts. The powerlifting portion of it still got me as I reinjured my back doing deads and haven't been able to go beyond 30% in workouts for 2yrs. I'm wayyyyy out of shape now. Recent MRI says I have a herniated disc and scoliosis. Ugh.

I currently have a back injury from lifting this week, too. Back squats. :( Getting checked out today. Otherwise, CrossFit's been the best form of fitness I've ever done!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Are you a CrossFitter, homeslice?

Nearly exclusively since mid-2009. Back in my first year of pharm school I was able to do it 5 days/week pretty consistently. Things definitely got sketchy during P2 year and P3 year, but I generally still get in at least 2 days/week. The Crossfit Strength Bias program has worked the best for me thus far, though you probably won't see my busting out a 400 lb DL anytime soon :p I haven't been able to eat (or afford) the amount of quality food it would take to sustain it.

Anyone else have a pair of Vibrams?

Having my first therapeutics test tm, I just realize I understand what you guys are talking about. And niacin increases hdl levels... Meds only work for endogenous cholesterol, but not the exogenous ones. Doing LDL sub factor test as well with fluffy LDL and small dense particles...

I've strongly considered them, but I'm not much of a runner. For the actual lifting, they're better than regular sneakers, but nowhere close to weightlifting shoes. Keeping your feet flat ("barefoot" or actually barefoot) is good, but the positioning you get from the lifting shoes with the raised heel gives you a lot more leg drive. Plus the idea of doing cleans with exposed toes kind of scares me; I'd like to keep all 10 of them. If I was more into running, I'd definitely grab a pair of Fivefingers though.

I've strongly considered them, but I'm not much of a runner. For the actual lifting, they're better than regular sneakers, but nowhere close to weightlifting shoes. Keeping your feet flat ("barefoot" or actually barefoot) is good, but the positioning you get from the lifting shoes with the raised heel gives you a lot more leg drive. Plus the idea of doing cleans with exposed toes kind of scares me; I'd like to keep all 10 of them. If I was more into running, I'd definitely grab a pair of Fivefingers though.

I bought a pair of New Balance Minumus. They're similar to Vibram Fivefingers, but the toes aren't separated like them. I only use them for CrossFit, and if a workout calls for short distance running, I can still use them, although I need more stability if I'm just exclusively running.

Do you guys follow Nom Nom Paleo? She's a pharmacist with a Paleo blog and she CrossFits. :)

I bought a pair of New Balance Minumus. They're similar to Vibram Fivefingers, but the toes aren't separated like them. I only use them for CrossFit, and if a workout calls for short distance running, I can still use them, although I need more stability if I'm just exclusively running.

Do you guys follow Nom Nom Paleo? She's a pharmacist with a Paleo blog and she CrossFits. :)

Had no idea she is a pharmacist! I made her cauliflower mashed recipe the other night. Delicious!! Love her tshirt with the girl dead lifting and the bacon and steak!