lifestyle during residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

randomness

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the lifestyle of the plastics resident while int he plastics portion of training? do you have most weekends off? get to eat two+ meals a day? have kids? details would be much appreciated
 
what's up with you categorical plastic interns, boy do you guys gotta chip on ur shoulder. just because ur plastics doesn't mean you guys can talk down to whoever you want, i'm just a prelim but believe the weakest resident I have seen have all been categorical ppl, u guys suck
 
Wow...very mature post.

Might be part of the reason you are a prelim if that maturity came through in your interviews last year.
 
Actually I have been wondering what the residency is like for those in the integrated programs vs. the Gen Surg+Plastic Fellowship. I am guessing those in the integrated program could have a more pleasant lifestyle in residency, but in reality I have no idea. Perhaps someone could enlighten us between the two.