Technology Lightest PDA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Celiac Plexus

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a PDA but there are about a million of them out there... My ideal PDA:

1. Extremely light
2. Decent battery life
3. Decent memory
4. PC operating system

I don't care about mp3 playback, or built-in camera, or if the thing can do my laundry. Any suggestions?
 
Celiac Plexus said:
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a PDA but there are about a million of them out there... My ideal PDA:

1. Extremely light
2. Decent battery life
3. Decent memory
4. PC operating system

I don't care about mp3 playback, or built-in camera, or if the thing can do my laundry. Any suggestions?

If you don't mind a model that's a couple of years old, I would search for an HP iPaq 1930/1935. Reasonably speedy and weighs less than an iPod.
 
Iwy Em Hotep said:
If you don't mind a model that's a couple of years old, I would search for an HP iPaq 1930/1935. Reasonably speedy and weighs less than an iPod.

I would think the iPaq 4150 is slightly better than the 1930/1940 series, the fact that it has better screen (negligible yellow hue), better processor (400Mhz) and WiFi built-in, yet with all these packed into a slim and lightweight design (only a mere 4.67oz)!! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spinosum said:
I would think the iPaq 4150 is slightly better than the 1930/1940 series, the fact that it has better screen (negligible yellow hue), better processor (400Mhz) and WiFi built-in, yet with all these packed into a slim and lightweight design (only a mere 4.67oz)!! 🙂


I agree. I love my HP iPaq 4155. Some coworkers have the Dell but mine is definitely slimmer, lighter, more attractive. Dell gives you a slightly faster processor but unless you are running many apps at once (special relativity calculations while finding the longest prime number while watching a movie) you probably won't notice. Actually, they set their Dells to the lower processor speed, about 300, to save battery life.
 
spinosum said:
I would think the iPaq 4150 is slightly better than the 1930/1940 series, the fact that it has better screen (negligible yellow hue), better processor (400Mhz) and WiFi built-in, yet with all these packed into a slim and lightweight design (only a mere 4.67oz)!! 🙂

It is better in that it has more features, but it costs a lot more too. If all you want to do is read documents, you don't need Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and your best fit is the 1930 series.