Likelihood of receiving Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

salemstein

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear med schools don't dish out fin. aid as generously as undergrads, is that true? Should I be expecting much if my family makes 150k per year?
 
150k means nothing without the number of people in your family, number of people in college/continuing education, debts, mortgage payments, etc. Depends on your unique situation. Also, most "financial aid" awards are merit-based. Kind of backwards, but true. (ex. if you're poor AND a ridiculously amazing applicant, then you will get a scholarship). for some reason most of the schools I visited took financial need into consideration for their merit-based awards.