Limited Undergrad Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoohoo55

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am a sophomore psychology major who is interested in audiology. I want a career that will allow me to help others. The only problem is that I attend a small liberal arts college and there aren't any courses here in the area of speech-language/audiology/communication disorders. Would I be able to enter an AuD program without these prerequisites? Also, are there any other course that I could take now to prepare me (I have heard physics)? How many semesters of each?
Any information would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the boards! :)

As for your first question, most (if not all) AuD programs recognize that not everyone applying will be from a Communication Sciences background. So it's pretty common that the prerequisite courses are offered, sometimes on your 'off' day or sometimes it may just take you an extra semester to graduate. It depends on the program; definitely check with each school you're interested in, and good luck!

Some programs don't require any CSD prereqs; CUNY comes to mind. Still, you need to have coursework in a few different areas, such as biological science and physical science, but your undergrad program most likely already requires these things.