DocWagner

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
From the State Medical Board of Ohio, something that will be more and more common in the future...A Physician had his license suspended for 15 days and was placed on 3 years probation.
Why?
For allowing his physician assistant practice outside of "parameters of utilization plans and /or state rules and regulations regarding physician assistants:"

You can bet this will be more and more common in the future... creates a liability risk also.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Wow! That's a worse punishment than I've seen for many creepy things that Drs in my state have done personally!

Neurogirl

Resident Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2000
Visit site
Status
Finally! If someone wants to hire a PA/NP, they should take that responsibility very seriously, and ACTUALLY supervise them! I've spent time with a fair number of PAs and NPs and am always surprised by the range of skill and intelligence they possess. Some are amazing and I'd trust them with any of my patients. Others are just scary...worse than incompetent. Unfortunately, I can't say that the ratio of good vs bad is any better than 50/50. I just don't get it. Do PAs and NPs have licensure boards? If not, maybe it's time they did. At least then we'd know they have a certain level of clinical knowledge and decision making ability.

kirkdo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
Midlevel practitioners are cheaper and more willing to follow the protocols mandated by managed care. Once you have let the genie out of the bottle there is no going back.

About the Ads