Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Limits?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Luol Deng Fan, May 9, 2008.

1. Luol Deng Fan

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Is there a limit to how many pharmacy licenses that can be given like there is in medicine??

2. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You mean like how many states you can be licensed in? I don't think there is a limit.

3. Luol Deng Fan

10+ Year Member

Not exactly. You know how there are a set number of medical licenses a state can hand out every year. i was wondering if there was something similar for pharmacy.

4. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know there are limits to how many people a school can graduate per year. I think its controlled by the AACP (American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy), or something like that.

From what I heard, LIU had to pay fines last year because they graduated more people than what they were allowed to. I think they are allowed to graduate 204/year, usually LIU accepts like 220-230 students and predicts that 20-30 will drop out.

Usually, when people make it into the program they start working their *** off, so drop outs didn't happen.

5. Luol Deng Fan

10+ Year Member

Maybe thats why it is competitive