linkage program to Brown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my school's postbac program has a linkage program with Brown med.
Do you guys think its worth applying there?
How is Brown viewed in med world, especially for getting into a competitve residency, etc?
All positives and negatives will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Brown probably has the best IM program in the world. I'm not saying that because I'm biased too, because I'm not. Seriously though, they do have a nice hospital. Don't know too much about the med school itself, but it seems to have a decent rep as a mid-tier school. I'd say go for this post-bacc. If they offer you a spot, then great. Your state school would probably be preferable to save money, but one expensive admit is better then none.

Kalel, PGY-0
Brown IM :cool:

fyi...

brown will finally be opening their school to outside undergrads. i'm pretty sure this new admissions procedure will begin next year (or at least very soon). so don't feel "forced" to do the brown post-bacc because it's not a requirment anymore.

i know brown's ED is one of the busiest in the country and has a solid program. the med school curriculum is somewhat traditional (weird considering brown's full of "innovative" liberal wankies) but not very stressful. i have a friend that went through the PLME program and said that they do pretty well in the match. hope this helps!