Linkedin Profile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope143

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I have submitted my primaries for DO schools. I was looking at my linkedin (there is nothing on there except the college I went to) and realized how an adcom from one of the schools I applied to looked at my profile. I am really nervous since there is basically nothing on there unlike other applicants like some of my friends who have such detailed profiles. How important is it for us to have linkedin profiles looking like professional resumes or CVS? I just want to know so I can make mine actually look better than just having my college information. Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I have submitted my primaries for DO schools. I was looking at my linkedin (there is nothing on there except the college I went to) and realized how an adcom from one of the schools I applied to looked at my profile. I am really nervous since there is basically nothing on there unlike other applicants like some of my friends who have such detailed profiles. How important is it for us to have linkedin profiles looking like professional resumes or CVS? I just want to know so I can make mine actually look better than just having my college information. Thank you !
It’s not important. They just want to make sure you are not a psycho.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Step 1. delete LinkedIn. No one uses it anyways.
Step 2. Make your FB/IG/twitter professional and then make them public for adcoms to see. If they are interested, thats where they will look. Especially this year with no on campus interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
It's NOT important.

The Adcom member is just doing due diligence.

I sure don't waste time with LinkedIn

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard of schools checking linkedin and social media. I deleted everything except for IG (which is inactive and private).

Thanks so much for all your opinions on this! I might as well just delete my LinkedIn!

I've heard of schools checking linkedin and social media. I deleted everything except for IG (which is inactive and private).

usually I’d go with the private route, that’s what I did when applying to medical school, but this year a professional public social media account can help you. For the applicants that are on the fence it allows adcoms to “get to know you” more. I know in residency selection this year we are utilizing social media more

usually I’d go with the private route, that’s what I did when applying to medical school, but this year a professional public social media account can help you. For the applicants that are on the fence it allows adcoms to “get to know you” more. I know in residency selection this year we are utilizing social media more

Could it be a negative to have no social media? I don't have any and don't want to have any, could this be a detriment at any point?

Could it be a negative to have no social media? I don't have any and don't want to have any, could this be a detriment at any point?
Negative, no. I think that would essentially equate as a private profile. It’s just that a public profile, this year specifically, will allow the residents to “get to know you more” than they would otherwise. This will make you more memorable come rank meeting.

As a resident, interview dinners allow me to get to know the applicants as a person. Someone I’ll be stuck with for 80hrs per week in a small workroom. With zoom interviews, this severely handicaps the residents ability to get to know you