Lipscomb University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MathDebate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Lipscomb has already had a couple of interview days. Have any of you received an acceptance letter yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys
Im a P1 at Lipscomb and I just want to say, I LOVE IT. Lipscomb has an amazing feeling about it and the faculty and staff really care a lot about you here. :oops: good luck to everyone who is applying this year, I know how stressful and nerve wracking it can be.

Have you interviewed at Belmont yet? If so, how does it compare to Lipscomb?

I did actually interview at both. I felt that at either college you would probably receive relatively equivalent instruction (though Lipscomb did make sure to point out all the fancy technology they use in lecture/lab). I leaned a little more towards Lipscomb in the end. I feel like they were better at communicating their vision regarding the pharmacists they are training. Furthermore, the interview process at Lipscomb seemed like a well-oiled machine. Everything seemed well-planned and relevant. I cannot quite say the same for Belmont.

That being said, I should note that I did not see anything necessarily wrong with Belmont. They definitely have an interesting curriculum.

(End Rambling)

Hope that helps you in some fashion.

Thanks, it does. I'm too lazy to drive to Nashville again, so I think I'll decline their interview if I get invited.

i got my interview invitation from belmont earlier this week. my interview will be on january 28th, i really like your 4 unique concentrations you can pursue and i like the fact that most of their courses are clinical based.

can anyone tell me the pros and cons of belmont vs Lipscomb. thanks:)

Anyone out there besides me have an interview at Lipscomb and get a "deferred decision" result?

Hey Brandon,

I am a P1 at Lipscomb as well and I was put on the "deferred" list last year after my interview in December '09. I got accepted a little over a month later because I fount out they wanted to look at my Fall grades first (I'm from a CC). The good thing about having an interview this early is that you get considered longer because the admission cycle has just started. Lipscomb has been AWESOME for me so far, my professors have been great and I love the atmosphere around campus. Good luck!

I Just got accepted. :oops: ... And I am highly highly considering it.

The interview process was .... FUN! lol They are so friendly. So motivational. I ran into a couple of P1 - P3 students, and heard nothing but GREAT things about the school. I left the Interview and thought they weren't so impressed:confused: ... Only to get a call the VERY NEXT day about getting accepted in the school :D

Who else got accepted? Where are you guys originally from? Any one looking for potential roommate for FALL 2010? and if not, does anyone know where I can find affordable apts around Lipscomb?

The interview process was .... FUN! lol They are so friendly. So motivational. I ran into a couple of P1 - P3 students, and heard nothing but GREAT things about the school. I left the Interview and thought they weren't so impressed:confused: ... Only to get a call the VERY NEXT day about getting accepted in the school :D

Who else got accepted? Where are you guys originally from? Any one looking for potential roommate for FALL 2010? and if not, does anyone know where I can find affordable apts around Lipscomb?
I got my acceptance letter today too!:love: my interview was on 1/ 6/11. I am so happy this is my first acceptance so far and I am seriously considering the school. I really like the family atmosphere between the students and faculty/staffs. I felt more at home on interview day and they do have a great curriculum.

I was there on the 6th too, but haven't received an answer either way. I'm trying to stay positive and say that the weather here in Atlanta is the reason why I don't have a letter yet :) Do you mind saying which part of the country you're from?

I got my acceptance letter today too!:love: my interview was on 1/ 6/11. I am so happy this is my first acceptance so far and I am seriously considering the school. I really like the family atmosphere between the students and faculty/staffs. I felt more at home on interview day and they do have a great curriculum.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there on the 6th too, but haven't received an answer either way. I'm trying to stay positive and say that the weather here in Atlanta is the reason why I don't have a letter yet :) Do you mind saying which part of the country you're from?
I am from Minnesota and my letter was dated 1/7 and I got it on Monday.You will probably see yours before the week runs out. I see you interviewed at ACP. Are you the same girl I was talking with about ACP?

I think so! Group C, right?

I am from Minnesota and my letter was dated 1/7 and I got it on Monday.You will probably see yours before the week runs out. I see you interviewed at ACP. Are you the same girl I was talking with about ACP?

Check out Royal Arms Apartments. I live there. besides the outside being old fashioned looking they are nice inside and cheaper than any other place. Plus its only a mile from school and you don't have to get on the main road to get there so it takes like 2 minutes to get there. The one bedroom apartments are around 6 something a month and I have a 2 bdr/2 bath 1071 sq foot apt for 875 a month + 30.00 for water. if you google it its royal arms of green hills. thats really cheap for this area of nashville. most apartments of this size run around 1100-1200 a month and its mostly students of belmont and lipscomb who live there.

Last edited:
Hey will someone who's interviewed at Lipscomb give a layout of what to expect on the interview day...my interview is scheduled for the 20th...does any one have any tips?

Hey will someone who's interviewed at Lipscomb give a layout of what to expect on the interview day...my interview is scheduled for the 20th...does any one have any tips?

My memory of events might be a bit fuzzy since I interviewed back in November...

The interview was split up into 4/5 parts. You arrive at 8:00 AM and sit in a room with a bunch of other prospective students, current pharmacy students, and some folks from the adcom. The adcoms then give a short speech and split everyone up into 3 groups. One group will go on a campus tour led by a pharmacy student, another writes a super easy essay for ~25 minutes, and the third group has their individual interview with two faculty members. After all that, all the interviewees meet up in one of the classrooms to have a big group session with ~6 pharmacy students so questions can be asked about their experience with Lipscomb's program. There was a laid-back banquet at the very end. I would recommend sitting at table with faculty members so you can chat with them and questions.

The interview day lasted from 8:00 til about 1:00. Everything, including the interview, was super chill so relax and expect to have a conversation with the interviewers about why you think Lipscomb/pharmacy is a good fit for you.

I have an interview on Feb 10th anyone else have one then? I have one at Belmont on Jan 28th so we'll see how they compare after I interview at both.

i just got an invitation for interview. Plz, can anyone give me an hint on their interview process or any pertinent information that will help?

Hey, I interviewed in November, and received a deferred decision. A couple of months ago I got a letter from a current P2 student asking if she could answer any questions for me. Did anyone else who get a letter like this?

Just interviewed today and came away pleasantly surprised. Lipscomb really does offer a lot more than I thought, and the staff seemed nothing short of wonderful. The interview process seemed laid back enough and the writing assignment wasn't too bad either.

Good luck to all that are waiting!

P.S. - We were told today that this was the last interview day (3/31) so if you haven't already gotten an invitation I would seriously begin looking at other schools as I'm pretty sure today was it.

Just interviewed today and came away pleasantly surprised. Lipscomb really does offer a lot more than I thought, and the staff seemed nothing short of wonderful. The interview process seemed laid back enough and the writing assignment wasn't too bad either.

P.S. - We were told today that this was the last interview day (3/31) so if you haven't already gotten an invitation I would seriously begin looking at other schools as I'm pretty sure today was it.

If you are accepted, May 20 is the orientation.

Update:

Just found out I was deferred.+pissed+ Looks like Brandon and I are in the same boat. Does this mean "waitlisted" or that they are waiting for me to "update my profile with additional information". I'm confused, do we get ranked or am I just on hold???:barf:

I got accepted into the school and I got a letter from a P3 asking if I had any questions and if there anything i needed help with. I emailed her but she never replied back :thumbdown: :(

I will be attending Lipscomb in the Fall :) Who else is going to Orientation on May 20th? Introduce yourself ....

I will be tromping around the Grand Canyon on that date. One last vacation before the marathon. You will just have to wait until August. :laugh:

Update:

Just found out I was deferred.+pissed+ Looks like Brandon and I are in the same boat. Does this mean "waitlisted" or that they are waiting for me to "update my profile with additional information". I'm confused, do we get ranked or am I just on hold???:barf:
Just Curious. How did you find out? Did you already receive a letter or did you make a phone call? I interviewed last week as well and was wondering about their actual timeline. Thanks-

Just Curious. How did you find out? Did you already receive a letter or did you make a phone call? I interviewed last week as well and was wondering about their actual timeline. Thanks-

You should be hearing something soon. Depending on the post office, they usually send out information within a couple days of the interview. They don't call.

Heyy. I heard from them on the phone! so, i guess it depends on what they are feeling at the time since some are just getting letters in the mail and some are getting phone calls

either way, GOOD LUCK :xf::)

I am entering FALL 2011. I am a female moving all the way from California in need of another female roomate... ANY FEMALE (preferably lipscomb pharmacist) needing a roommate???

I am entering FALL 2011. I am a female moving all the way from California in need of another female roomate... ANY FEMALE (preferably lipscomb pharmacist) needing a roommate???

Wow, are you in for a little culture shock...:D You are trading ground shaking and mud slides with twisty winds and balmy summers.

One of my classmates will be starting up this fall. I will ask her if she will be looking for a roommate. She lives in a town Southeast of Nashville (not too far from campus).

I thought March 31st was supposed to be the last interview. I just got an invite for April 21st. Maybe too many people declined their seats? Weird cuz It seems like they do have people on waitlist. At least they give people like me a chance.:confused:

Last edited:
I thought March 31st was supposed to be the last interview. I just got an invite for April 21st. Maybe too many people declined their seats? Weird cuz It seems like they do have people on waitlist. At least they give people like us a chance.:confused:

That is weird. I interview on the 31st and they did tell us that it was their last interview date, and I ended up getting "deferred". Oh well, congrats on getting an interview at least.:D

That is weird. I interview on the 31st and they did tell us that it was their last interview date, and I ended up getting "deferred". Oh well, congrats on getting an interview at least.:D
Yeah, thank you. But I actually will decline the offer. It's too late during this time of year to go for an interview anyway. My chance is slim. It's a good thing that they are still giving interviews, but I am curious of how many people would actually attend.

I also received an invitation to interview today for April 21. and in the email it said that this will be the last interview date. But im also concerned of my chances of getting in this late in the admission process

I also received an invitation to interview today for April 21. and in the email it said that this will be the last interview date. But im also concerned of my chances of getting in this late in the admission process

Rolling admissions.

They may be waiting to see your grades from this semester. Getting deffered is not the same as getting placed on an alternate list.

I checked with my classmate, she is not looking for a roommate at least this year. By then you will know her.:) By P2, things may have changed.

Something to keep in mind.... We will be sitting in a single classroom and the instructors will move to the class. It might seem like a good idea now, but you would see your roommate more than I will see my wife over the course of the next 4 years.:scared:

Sorry I could not be of assistance. However, if you are able to make the orientation, you mght be able to find someone in your situation that would permit accomodation.

Did anyone get rejected or alternate/waitlist? Or have they only given out accepted or deferred? Anyone know?

ty

Did anyone get rejected or alternate/waitlist? Or have they only given out accepted or deferred? Anyone know?

ty

Not that I know of. Accepted or deferred is all I have seen. I was told through email they will not compile a waitlist until May.

I interviewed on April 21st but havent heard anything back yet. Has anyone who interviewed that day heard anything yet?

Hey I interviewed that same day and got wait listed.. so hopefully hear something soon so I can plan ahead

For those still waiting for a decision after their interview, I just received a letter saying that they've already filled all 75 spots. However, they are putting people on a waiting list should any of those 75 people decide to drop out of the program before school starts. I hope this makes your waiting a bit easier :)

Ya I just received the same letter, saying I was wait-listed:(.

I am giving up my seat at Lipscomb. Great school but I am staying in my home state. :thumbup: