List of malignant preliminary / TY programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OscarWao

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured we should start one - please share any info you have!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Every program ever? I mean I think malignancy is a matter of perspective.

Members don't see this ad :)
the miami programs have a bad rep?

Figures. They’re in a great location so they know people will apply there and then are like “gotcha”. While the “cushiest” ones are in the Dakotas.

anyone heard anything about WVU or Peconic Bay in Riverhead's transitional year programs?

I actually picked up a friend from there a while ago after they went in for emergencies. Horribly run, I can't even imagine what their programs are like.

EDIT: New to this forum so not sure exactly how the quoting works but this is in reply to the Miami comments.

Elmira prelim is pretty toxic too; I interviewed a handful of the pgy-1(s)/prelim(s) that got terminated from their program.

Elmira prelim is pretty toxic too; I interviewed a handful of the pgy-1(s)/prelim(s) that got terminated from their program.

Aren't those only for people doing Elmira's radiology residency? ERAS didn't let me apply to a medicine prelim there separately.

Larkin Community Hospital and Trios Health

Case Western University- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Cemter...

This is review is from a Med-prelim perspective. Very challenging program that over works the prelims to protect their categorical residents. Expect to work >80hrs each work. Each rotation last 2 weeks. No real electives, you are limited on what electives you can do and have no autonomy. You will be on call even during electives. Always on call, again to protect the categoricals. You will have 10months inpatient medicine, trust me you will be exhausted. Some Attendings are hostile, some racists. Case managers dump their responsibilities on you. There is endless scut work. When you interview, they don’t let you interact with current residents to know the true nature of the program. Trust me, avoid this program at all cost. Don’t believe me, ask to talk to 3 current med-prelim residents and they will tell you the same. Good luck on getting those contacts because the program won’t allow you to talk to them. Avoid this program if you can.

Last edited:
Larkin Community Hospital and Trios Health

The Larkin PM&R PD outright lied to my friend regarding to the match. And he did it while my friend was wearing a military uniform.

Reactions: 2 users
Case Western University- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Cemter...

This is review is from a Med-prelim perspective. Very challenging program that over works the prelims to protect their categorical residents. Expect to work >80hrs each work. Each rotation last 2 weeks. No real electives, you are limited on what electives you can do and have no autonomy. You will be on call even during electives. Always on call, again to protect the categoricals. You will have 10months inpatient medicine, trust me you will be exhausted. Some Attendings are hostile, some racists. Case managers dump their responsibilities on you. There is endless scut work. When you interview, they don’t let you interact with current residents to know the true nature of the program. Trust me, avoid this program at all cost. Don’t believe me, ask to talk to 3 current med-prelim residents and they will tell you the same. Good luck on getting those contacts because the program won’t allow you to talk to them. Avoid this program if you can.

Did they at least make the interview chill to woo you lol?

Malignant is in the eye of the beholder. That said, I know the Anesthesia PD at hopkins says to not do prelim at Hopkins.