List of Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anestheticman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so what is the easiest way for me to come up with a list of transitional and prelim medicine programs for myself to apply to?

is there any concise list on here or another website with any info about the programs and/or how hard they are to get into?

i'm looking all over the US so its going to be tough.

Members don't see this ad.

so what is the easiest way for me to come up with a list of transitional and prelim medicine programs for myself to apply to?

is there any concise list on here or another website with any info about the programs and/or how hard they are to get into?

i'm looking all over the US so its going to be tough.

Freida was a big help.
Start there but take the numbers with a grain of salt, some are inaccurate. What was helpful were the links from Ferida to the program websites which were helpful.

Try SDN searches for specific programs

Check out Scutwork for lots of info.

Some great TY's that I interviewed at:

Akron (West side of town), with weight room, tons of free food, easier, laid back year.

LaCrosse: They pay for housing (right off the hospital grounds and boardering the river), also laid back year,lots of electives, food. Oh, you also get a free season ski pass to the local ski hill.

Flushing, NYC - Easy year if you can handle the 3-4 mo required surgery, salary was 52000 this year.

Chicago's MacNeal- lots of electives

St. Joes in AnnArbor - tons of free food, electives

Spokane, Deaconess - electives, free time galore, no night call

I interviewed at 14 or so TY's, ended up at Tucson which is fantastic (4 months of call, free food, 3 electives, ICU is 8-5 no weekends and Tucson is heaven on earth). You can definately find a cush year if you just look a bit.

Oh, thanks for all the information.

I guess when I am on ERAS to look for prelim programs I just click on internal medicine and search by state. Am I missing any programs this way?