list of receptors and their action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisochka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a list of receptors and what they do? (For example, agonizing Norepinephrine Receptor causes weight lose, tremor, nervousness, and so on... Or, agonizing Ach will give you salivation, urination, diarhea and so on...)
I have a hard time collecting this info by pieces from different books (I have looked through few of them) and my class notes. So, if there is something on the INternet that you know of will you please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Read this from cover to cover and you'll be fine...

Members don't see this ad :)
Read this from cover to cover and you'll be fine...

thank you.
I just ordered it.
Is there anything on the internet? I am not asking for much , just a page or two with receptors and their actions...I tried to google it but no luck

thank you.
I just ordered it.
Is there anything on the internet? I am not asking for much , just a page or two with receptors and their actions...I tried to google it but no luck

for that price I might just order one myself.

They didn't give you a textbook in your pharmacology class?

The G&G handbook is pretty handy (pardon the pun). Cheaper and easier to read, but you'll still get the meat and potatoes of the information. If you want the full in-depth story, there's nothing better than the big version, though.

They didn't give you a textbook in your pharmacology class?

The G&G handbook is pretty handy (pardon the pun). Cheaper and easier to read, but you'll still get the meat and potatoes of the information. If you want the full in-depth story, there's nothing better than the big version, though.

G&G is the bible of pharmacology. The handbook should cover all of the receptors....

i DO HAVE FEW BOOKS. i was looking for an internet reference so I would not have to go through every chapter and make notes. I just want to print one page from the internet and be done with it. Does anybody know of an internet refference? I do not need any books, so please do not refer me to books

what's the purpose of this list. What are u trying to accomplish

What about the pharmacology book by katzung?

what's the purpose of this list. What are u trying to accomplish

just want to have a quik reference. Something that is easily accecible. Something that I don't have to search through 1000 pages

No, there is no one-page summary of human knowledge of physiology and pharmacology.

I am not asking for Human physiology. I did not ask about heme formation, I did not ask about gluconeogenesis, did I? I am asking for a list of a few main receptors and their actions.

What about the pharmacology book by katzung?

I have it. I just don't have time to actually read it. I am working and on top of that I am doing my summer IPPE in a busy place... I don't have time.

anyway, thank you so much everybody for trying to help me out.

is there a list of receptors and what they do? (For example, agonizing Norepinephrine Receptor causes weight lose, tremor, nervousness, and so on... Or, agonizing Ach will give you salivation, urination, diarhea and so on...)
I have a hard time collecting this info by pieces from different books (I have looked through few of them) and my class notes. So, if there is something on the INternet that you know of will you please let me know.

A different approach could be making a list of substances, such as Norepinepherine, Acetylcholine, etc. with the list of actions they produce (when they interact w/their receptor sites). It's not as much about the receptor site as it is about the substance.

The problem comes in when you hide (cover up) a receptor site, or when there is competition between 2 substances for the same receptor site (or metabolic entity).

Like, did u guys get the riddles for anitcholinergics like:
dry as a bone, red as a beet, blind as a bat? there's another one in there that I forgot. That's how we were taught them eons ago.

There should be animal labs that help to understand all this stuff too, it's a lot of material, and it's a lot of studying. The labs really helped b/c u c the animal going through the symptoms so it's easier to remember for exams & 4 pt. care.

Another way to "think" is to consider the effects in "body systems" such as:
Stimulates the nervous system (rather than memorizing tremors, nervousness, and each symptom of a stimulated nervous system). This type of thought process will come in handy throughout the study of physiology and pathology.

Another way to "think" is to consider the effects in "body systems" such as:
Stimulates the nervous system (rather than memorizing tremors, nervousness, and each symptom of a stimulated nervous system). This type of thought process will come in handy throughout the study of physiology and pathology.

That's the way to do it right there, if you need to know specifics on something out of the ordinary, no shame in picking up a book.