• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

OhNoNotAgain

Worst thread ever.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ok, I apologize ahead of time if I am missing something (and i've searched this site).. but for the life of me I cannot find a list of places that are available rotation sites for osteopathic students. Does the AOA put anything out or something?

Thanks for the help!

DragonWell

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It's a little more complicated than that. Contacting the schools you are interested in will probably get you best answers to your question. In my experience, core rotations are usually done at a hospital affiliated with the school, while electives can be done almost anywhere. Just as an example, here are some of LECOM's rotation sites.

BklynWill

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Since you're an MSIII, are you actually looking for rotation sites or are you more interested in electives?

Here's a link to AOA approved internship and residency programs:
http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/index.htm

It's likely that most of the residency programs offer elective opportunities, which might be more applicable to soon-to-be fourth years.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.