Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

List of Rotation Sites

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by OhNoNotAgain, Feb 17, 2007.

1. OhNoNotAgain

OhNoNotAgain Worst thread ever.
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ok, I apologize ahead of time if I am missing something (and i've searched this site).. but for the life of me I cannot find a list of places that are available rotation sites for osteopathic students. Does the AOA put anything out or something?

Thanks for the help!

2. DragonWell

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's a little more complicated than that. Contacting the schools you are interested in will probably get you best answers to your question. In my experience, core rotations are usually done at a hospital affiliated with the school, while electives can be done almost anywhere. Just as an example, here are some of LECOM's rotation sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  4. BklynWill

BklynWill EM Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Since you're an MSIII, are you actually looking for rotation sites or are you more interested in electives?

Here's a link to AOA approved internship and residency programs:
    http://opportunities.osteopathic.org/index.htm

It's likely that most of the residency programs offer elective opportunities, which might be more applicable to soon-to-be fourth years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...