You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
List of School Responses
Started by bzuer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
letsdothisptthing
Full Member
Acceptance: WashU, USA, Duke, Chapman, UPitt, NYU, Emory, Samuel Merritt, Northwestern
Interviews: Duke, UTMB, UTSW, Emory, UIC, NYU
Waitlist: Northwestern, UIC, UTSW
Rejected: UCSF
Waiting: USC and UWash
attending: NORTHWESTERN 🙂
Interviews: Duke, UTMB, UTSW, Emory, UIC, NYU
Waitlist: Northwestern, UIC, UTSW
Rejected: UCSF
Waiting: USC and UWash
attending: NORTHWESTERN 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LilCandyCorn
Full Member
Interviews: Duke
Acceptances: Duke
Acceptances: Duke
Congratulations!! When do you submit your application to Midwestern?Interviews: Creighton U, Midwestern U - AZ
Acceptances: Creighton U, Midwestern U - AZ
gc105
New Member
Congratulations!! When do you submit your application to Midwestern?
Thank you! I submitted my application on Aug. 10th, interviewed on Oct. 2nd and received my acceptance on Oct. 8th.
Interviews: Thomas Jefferson University, and Rutgers South (scheduled for mid-November)
Acceptances: Thomas Jefferson University
Still waiting to hear back from the third school I applied to, UScience.
Acceptances: Thomas Jefferson University
Still waiting to hear back from the third school I applied to, UScience.
Congrats! When did you apply to NYU?Acceptance: WashU, USA, Duke, Chapman
Interviews: Duke, UTMB, UTSW, Emory, UIC, NYU
letsdothisptthing
Full Member
8/6!Congrats! When did you apply to NYU?
aggie.pt.2021
Full Member
Interviews: UNT (received 08/14), UTMB (received 09/15) - (declined offer 11/02), UTSW (received 10/06), UTHSCSA (received 10/14) - (declined offer 11/02), Texas State (11/04 - declined offer 11/05)
Acceptances: UNT (09/28), UTSW (received 11/02) - my top choice!
Acceptances: UNT (09/28), UTSW (received 11/02) - my top choice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far:Just got an interview for University of Colorado today (11/23)!
Acceptances: USC
Interviews: University of Colorado
Waitlisted: Regis (for an interview)
Denied: N/A
Haven't heard from: Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Emory, CSULB, Chapman (fall), SDSU, UCSF, UW
Last edited:
kinesrocks
Full Member
So far...
Acceptances: USA in San Marcos, CA (9/3), Loma Linda University (10/5)
Interviews: Loma Linda University (9/25), University of Colorado (12/16 just signed up)
Denied: Northern Arizona University (11/16)
I'm still waiting to hear back from the California State schools I applied to
Acceptances: USA in San Marcos, CA (9/3), Loma Linda University (10/5)
Interviews: Loma Linda University (9/25), University of Colorado (12/16 just signed up)
Denied: Northern Arizona University (11/16)
I'm still waiting to hear back from the California State schools I applied to
mmb_dpt
Full Member
Update: Interview with Regis 12/14Acceptances: Rocky Mountain University, USA Austin spring
Interview invites: Sacred Heart (Jan), Idaho State (declined), Rock Mountain (Nov-accepted)
Rejections: Northern Arizona, University of Colorado
Brooklyn_Pre-PT
Full Member
Acceptances: SUNY Downstate
Interviews: SUNY Downstate, NYU
Rejections: Northern Arizona
Waiting: Pittsburgh
Interviews: SUNY Downstate, NYU
Rejections: Northern Arizona
Waiting: Pittsburgh
Rollneers19
Full Member
Applied: ECU, UNC, Elon, Campbell, Tennessee State, USA-SA, AT Still, Midwestern Glendale, West Coast U
Interviews: ECU, UNC, Elon, Campbell (declined interview), Midwestern Glendale (declined interview)
Acceptances: USA St Augustine, AT Still
Waitlisted: UNC
Waiting: West Coast U
Rejections: Tennessee State
Interviews: ECU, UNC, Elon, Campbell (declined interview), Midwestern Glendale (declined interview)
Acceptances: USA St Augustine, AT Still
Waitlisted: UNC
Waiting: West Coast U
Rejections: Tennessee State
Last edited:
baby_yoda001
Full Member
Did you interview with AT still?Acceptances: USA St Augustine, AT Still
Interviews: ECU, UNC, Elon, Campbell (declined interview), Midwestern Glendale (declined interview)
Waitlisted: UNC
Rejections: Tennessee State
Rollneers19
Full Member
yes! I was waitlisted and was pulled off the waitlist at the beginning of this month.Did you interview with AT still?
HI Congrats! May I kindly ask what were your stats? and when did you apply! thank you so much and best of luck!Just got accepted to USC’s residential DPT program!
I applied 11/3!HI Congrats! May I kindly ask what were your stats? and when did you apply! thank you so much and best of luck!
University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW
Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification
Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook
Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)
Jdp1675
Full Member
Do you have any tips for their interviews??Interviews: Duke
Acceptances: Duke
LilCandyCorn
Full Member
Sure! They run their interviews in two parts: a single interview with two staff members/professors, and a group interview.Do you have any tips for their interviews??
The individual interviews were super short. I think I recieved two questions from each person and then the rest of the time was for my own questions, and you only have about 15 minutes per interview.
The group interview is super relaxed, they have you work through some sort of scenario together. They try to make it a easy question, but they do watch to see how you interact with other people. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jdp1675
Full Member
Thank you so much for replying! I have my interview this upcoming week so this is very helpful! How long did they take to get back with you after your interview??Sure! They run their interviews in two parts: a single interview with two staff members/professors, and a group interview.
The individual interviews were super short. I think I recieved two questions from each person and then the rest of the time was for my own questions, and you only have about 15 minutes per interview.
The group interview is super relaxed, they have you work through some sort of scenario together. They try to make it a easy question, but they do watch to see how you interact with other people. 🙂
Jdp1675
Full Member
Which program start date did you apply for at USA St. Augustine? Congrats on the acceptances!Acceptances: USA St Augustine, AT Still
Interviews: ECU, UNC, Elon, Campbell (declined interview), Midwestern Glendale (declined interview)
Waitlisted: UNC
Rejections: Tennessee State
Rollneers19
Full Member
Thank you!! I applied for the Spring 2021 cohort; but since it's so soon and I want to hear back from other schools first, I went ahead and withdrew my acceptance.Which program start date did you apply for at USA St. Augustine? Congrats on the acceptances!
LilCandyCorn
Full Member
About a week! 🙂 good luck!!!!Thank you so much for replying! I have my interview this upcoming week so this is very helpful! How long did they take to get back with you after your interview??
Applied: Emory, GA State, Mercer, Duke, USF, Belmont, Regis, Northern Arizona
Interviews: Emory (11/13), GA State (9/11), Mercer (9/25), Regis (12/14), Northern Arizona (12/1)
Acceptances: GA State, Mercer, Emory, NAU
Waitlisted: Belmont, Regis
Still Waiting: Duke, USF
Denied: N/A
Interviews: Emory (11/13), GA State (9/11), Mercer (9/25), Regis (12/14), Northern Arizona (12/1)
Acceptances: GA State, Mercer, Emory, NAU
Waitlisted: Belmont, Regis
Still Waiting: Duke, USF
Denied: N/A
Last edited:
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Could you share you stats? I was rejected by NAU!Applied: Emory, GA State, Mercer, Duke, USF, Belmont, Regis, Northern Arizona
Interviews: Emory (11/13), GA State (9/11), Mercer (9/25), Regis (12/14), Northern Arizona (12/1)
Acceptances: GA State, Mercer
Waitlisted: Belmont
Still Waiting: Duke, USF
Denied: N/A
I have mine on Wednesday! How did yours go?Thank you so much for replying! I have my interview this upcoming week so this is very helpful! How long did they take to get back with you after your interview??
Congrats! When did you hear from GA state and Emory?Applied: Emory, GA State, Mercer, Duke, USF, Belmont, Regis, Northern Arizona
Interviews: Emory (11/13), GA State (9/11), Mercer (9/25), Regis (12/14), Northern Arizona (12/1)
Acceptances: GA State, Mercer
Waitlisted: Belmont
Still Waiting: Duke, USF
Denied: N/A
Update: I got an interview for UCSF!I applied 11/3!
University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW
Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification
Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook
Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)
Jdp1675
Full Member
I thought it went good! Not super intense but very informative! Gave me lots of opportunities to ask questions!I have mine on Wednesday! How did yours go?
jspencerd
Full Member
Update, accepted by Emory on 12/2!Interviewed: UMD Baltimore, Emory, Miami, and Bellarmine
Accepted: Bellarmine
Waitlisted: Northwestern.
Denied: N/A
Still waiting to hear: Northeastern (top choice), University of Kentucky, George Washington
BrookeDPTstudent2024
New Member
Interviewed: Thomas Jefferson, University of Miami, Chatham
Accepted: TJ, UM, Chatham and Pitt!
Accepted: TJ, UM, Chatham and Pitt!
future_PT1996
Full Member
Interviewed: Rutgers North, NYU, Kean, Drexel, Rutgers South
Waitlisted: Kean
Accepted: NYU, Drexel
Waitlisted: Kean
Accepted: NYU, Drexel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emfuturedpt
Full Member
Accepted to Temple
Interview (11/20)
Accepted (12/4)
Still waiting on responses from: Chapman U (fall), Emory U (submitted both apps 10/6)
Interview (11/20)
Accepted (12/4)
Still waiting on responses from: Chapman U (fall), Emory U (submitted both apps 10/6)
Absolutely!Could you share you stats? I was rejected by NAU!
GPA: 3.67
pre-req GPA: 3.22-3.4 depending on the school
Volunteer hours: 170
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW
Thank you! I heard about my interview for GA state late august and was accepted mid-september. Was given an interview for Emory early november was accepted december 2ndCongrats! When did you hear from GA state and Emory?
Fritzkreig
Full Member
Invitation to interview at University of Utah.
when did you hear from them?Invitation to interview at University of Utah.