List of Schools- Advice Appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentalman101

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!

So, like many of you here, I'm looking to apply this upcoming cycle. I was looking for any sort of advice about the list of schools that I've compiled. Just for reference, here are my stats:

DAT Score: 22AA/22TS/23PAT
GPA: 3.76 oGPA, 3.57 sGPA
My extracurriculars and shadowing are strong, I have a bunch of volunteering hours, and I am involved in three types of tutoring. I believe my LORs should be strong as well.

Keep in mind that I am an Illinois resident. My list of schools consists of:

UIC
Midwestern IL
SIU
Michigan
Indiana
Iowa
Minnesota
Columbia
NYU
USC
Case Western
Marquette
Missouri
Ohio State
Penn

That's 15 schools, so a bit over the average number of schools that are applied to by each applicant (12 I think?). My question is: have I forgotten any schools that are great for OOS and that I'd have a good chance of acceptance to, or have I listed any that are unnecessary given unfriendliness to OOS applicants? A few schools that I've considered adding include Pitt, Temple, Tufts, Detroit Mercy, Arizona, and LECOM. Thank you in advance to everybody who helps! And my apologies if this thread is in the wrong place. I'm new to these forums so I have a lot to learn 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could anybody give me some words of wisdom about applying to Pitt and Detroit Mercy? I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. Does somebody with my stats have a good chance of being accepted?
 
Why USC opposed to other Cali schools? Also is it fine applying to only 8 schools
 
Are all Cali schools oos friendly?
Actually yes they are. UCLA and UCSF are hard to get into though but since op but Upenn and they are confident then they can also add those schools.

There's also LLU if op is ok with the religious aspect.