List of SMPs that take DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DividedByZero

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I've got

1) RFUMS
2) Barry
3) UMDNJ
4) Mississippi College

can anybody else add more?

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane Cell & Molecular Bio takes DAT, and I think Tulane Pharmacology. Midwestern University I also recall taking them too. hope this helps

bu, tufts, pcom...most do nowadays, though the amount of predents in these programs is usually in the single digits.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused with what are SMPs and what aren't, but I'm pre-dental and I applied to the Master's in Biomedical/Medical Sciences programs at Barry, Nova Southeastern, UMDNJ-Newark, Boston U, Tufts, RFUMS, Colorado St., Philadelphia COM, EVMS, and Midwestern. Most of these schools took DAT scores, one or two I think didn't require any test. Schools I planned to apply to but didn't take DATs were USF, Georgetown, and Loyola. Georgetown though, they had this program called I think Masters in Alternative Medicine or something. I remember it being like M-CAM and that's who they referred pre-dental students to. I didn't really look that much into it.

from what I understand, reading the FAQs stickied in this forum, SMP is a masters program that includes courses where you would take classes with medical students. Check the FAQ

There are SMP's that are also geared towards a dental curriculum. A lot of the classes are taken with med students, but then there are the classes that are separate. For example, UMDNJ has Dental Physiology the first semester, and Dental Biochemistry the second semester, but the rest is the same as the med students. Boston U has a Biomedical Sciences with Concentrations in Oral Health. So depends on the school, but mostly it seems that Dental students can take the same program as Med students and still get what they need to out of the program, from my understanding.