PostBacc programs that offer provisional admission to linked Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mh_hope

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined this board and wanted to ask if there are any post-bacc programs that offer conditional admission to medical schools (MD or DO) if the GPA and MCAT requirements are met? I would prefer ones that offer graduate level or even first yr medical school courses since I already have my undergrad degree in biology. And if medical school doesn't work out, I can at least use the graduate degree to my benefit in another capacity. I had a good GPA after graduating but never took the MCAT, and due to family reasons, medical school was put off for far too long. Now I am basically starting from scratch and having a hard time studying on my own. I know some programs even offer MCAT prep and help with school applications.

Are there any members here that know of any specific post-bacc programs I should look into? The information on AAMC doesn't seem to be up to date. I would like to find a school here in CA, but I don't mind going out of state if the program has direct medical school linkage.

Also, I am currently filling out my application through the post-bacc portal so I can apply to multiple schools at once but every school seems to have their own application for submission as well. Can I just apply directly to the schools or is the post-bacc app necessary first step? Because some of the schools aren't even in the system.

Thank you everyone for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you look through the Postbac Program forum?

Three factors to always consider:
1) Cost
2) Linkage to desired program
3) Student and academic support

What are your preferences on these factors and the schools where you want to attend?

Not everyone uses PostBacCAS. Some have their own portal. You have to do the homework, but you have time. Postbac apps don't start to overwhelm us until May.

California has a Postbac Consortium so you may want to look the CPC up online.

I have moved this thread and consolidated them down.

You would be better suited looking yourself through the postbaccs available to you. Linkages change and are typically found for DO schools rather than MD (and those for MD are usually pipeline programs that target those underrepresented in medicine).

And if medical school doesn't work out, I can at least use the graduate degree to my benefit in another capacity.
The degree is of usually little value unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a strong UG GPA and all the pre-reqs, you may want to consider taking a Princeton live MCAT prep course. It was invaluable for me.

If you have a strong UG GPA and all the pre-reqs, you may want to consider taking a Princeton live MCAT prep course. It was invaluable for me.
Unfortunately, I tried that already. Both live and self-study. It was not money well spent but I appreciate the advice.

Reactions: 1 user