• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Listing ADHD on AADSAS Application

predent_99

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2018
I have a lower science gpa (3.18), and I was diagnosed with and started taking medication for ADHD the first semester of my sophomore year of college. I have an upward trend in my gpa which is definitely partially due to starting medication but also a rough transition to college, not having priorities straight, etc. I feel like I should mention it somewhere on the application, but the only place that seems to make sense is the personal statement or this question:

"Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct, academic performance, or COVID-19?"

I'd prefer not to add it here because I don't want ADHD to serve as an excuse for my poor grades and this question definitely seems intended for much more significant adversities, but I also feel like mentioning it in my personal statement takes away from the flow of the personal statement.

Let me know what you think especially if you've applied with a similar situation before!

About the Ads

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dentist
Honestly, I wouldn’t mention it anywhere in your application or in your interviews. It should not be stigmatized, but unfortunately I think it will be by adcoms. Speak to your upward trend in another way. You could say in an interview if you were ever asked about your poor grades early on, something along the lines of, “I realized I really wanted to do dentistry at that point and started to buckle down and put a greater effort towards my school work.” Keep all interview answers positive! Obviously, this is just one person’s opinion.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.