Listing Authorship on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DendWrite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 quick questions:

1) I was second author on a poster (did about 40% of the work for the project) but the first author presented it (not me). Can I still list this?

2) We are submitting this project (data from poster + a lot of other stuff) in the next few weeks to a journal (I'll be a second author on the paper also). If (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc etc) it gets published, should I omit the poster from my AMCAS and just list the paper? Or can I list both?

Thanks a lot! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I entered an abstract of mine that my PI presented at an international conference into the AMCAS. I just made it clear that it was my PI, not me, who presented it, and no one ever asked me about it. As for your 2nd question I see no reason why you couldn't list both, though if you're short on space you could probably drop the presentation.

I entered an abstract of mine that my PI presented at an international conference into the AMCAS. I just made it clear that it was my PI, not me, who presented it, and no one ever asked me about it. As for your 2nd question I see no reason why you couldn't list both, though if you're short on space you could probably drop the presentation.

Good deal, thanks for the help. Congratulations on UMich MSTP! It's an awesome program and is definitely on my list of "hope I get in there" schools. Hopefully my MDApps will be looking as nice as yours when application time rolls around :D.