listing awards,honors on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BallDontLie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it appropriate to list honors recieved in high school under this section on the AADSAS application?

I dont have any honors to list from college other than a few academic ones for having a 3.5 semester, which doesnt really mean anything since they can see that on my transcript. However, i did get a community service award in high school that was given to anyone who completed 150 hours of community service during their 4 years (i had over 300).

Any thoughts?
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

people can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you're really only supposed to list stuff from college. I wouldn't worry much about not having many special awards or honors, I think all i put down was dean's list.

Biogirl361 said:
people can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you're really only supposed to list stuff from college. I wouldn't worry much about not having many special awards or honors, I think all i put down was dean's list.

i doubt they really care what you did in high school...they don't even ask for your high school transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, except for UCLA. they will ask for it eventually.
and Arizona asked for SAT I?!

i hope u still volunteer even if u dont have received any awards.
i would simply state what you have. as long as u have community service, shadowing hrs, quite possibly research experience, and of cos the passion to be a great dentist, grades, dat, etc, u will be fine.

r0entgen said:
i doubt they really care what you did in high school...they don't even ask for your high school transcript.

i definitely have volunteering and shadowing experience in college, so that should be fine. I was just worried about leaving the awards and honors section pretty much blank, but i guess its not that big of a deal.

anyways, thanks for the input