Listing Case Report in ERAS with no volume/issue/page number?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrispMountainAir

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently had a case report get accepted and published in BMJ case reports, but I'm unsure how to list it in ERAS. It has no volume, issue, or page numbers that I can tell either on the BMJ case reports website or on pubmed. So two questions:

1) Is it appropriate to list it as "Peer reviewed Journal Article/Abstract" or is there another publication type that is more appropriate for case reports?
2) How do I fill the required "Volume" "Issue Number" and "Pages" fields in ERAS if those values don't exist?

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

would also like to know the answer please

Members don't see this ad :)
A quick pubmed search shows BMJ case reports to be index in pubmed. It is also quite updated, with stuff from July 2018 in there (although I can't tell when those were accepted. I also don't know if 'in press' stuff would show up in PubMed). If it has been accepted I'd put it as "In Press" (which basically means it's accepted but hasn't been published as of yet). It's considered a publication for case of ERAS.

A quick pubmed search shows BMJ case reports to be index in pubmed. It is also quite updated, with stuff from July 2018 in there (although I can't tell when those were accepted. I also don't know if 'in press' stuff would show up in PubMed). If it has been accepted I'd put it as "In Press" (which basically means it's accepted but hasn't been published as of yet). It's considered a publication for case of ERAS.

Thanks for helping OP but what about papers in other journals that actually have no index??

Thanks for helping OP but what about papers in other journals that actually have no index??

Even if the journal is not indexed in pubmed, if your work has been accepted by a journal, you put that information, as much as you have. If you don't know any of the page numbers, then just write in press. If it's been a year since it was accepted and you still don't know page numbers, then I'm not sure because that's not a scenario I've been in. If it's not indexed in pubmed you could check other sources of information - something like google scholar or research gate seems to have a wider catch range than pubmed.

Reactions: 1 user