Listing future courses on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When entering coursework on AMCAS, should I just list classes that's on the transcript that I sent or should I include future classes until the end of my senior year? Because I haven't completed my prereqs yet (just bio labs) and probably won't do so until last quarter of my senior year.
And when I do enter in courses without grades, amcas gives me this warning.

Also for the work/activities, is it ok if I include hobbies like tennis? I used to play varsity in high school but now I just play for fun in college.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about the warning that AMCAS gives you. You should definitely list the future courses that you plan to take. Just make sure that you indicate that they're future courses. Including them is particularly important in your case because you haven't fulfilled all of the prerequesites yet.

I didn't put future courses on mine- hopefully it won't hurt me... the AMCAS thing just says to list courses as they appear on transcript so I followed that- you might call them to get a more accurate answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only listed the courses I'd signed up for next semester, but not for the spring semester of my senior year. I don't expect it to be an issue either way.

When entering coursework on AMCAS, should I just list classes that's on the transcript that I sent or should I include future classes until the end of my senior year? Because I haven't completed my prereqs yet (just bio labs) and probably won't do so until last quarter of my senior year.
And when I do enter in courses without grades, amcas gives me this warning.

Also for the work/activities, is it ok if I include hobbies like tennis? I used to play varsity in high school but now I just play for fun in college.

Just to be clear, you've finished everything but the bio labs, right? It sounded like you said you've only done bio lab. I'm assuming you took the MCAT already and are going to be a senior.

You should list all classes you plan on taking in the future especially if it includes med school requirements.

I'm in the same boat as you. I played on my tennis team in high school and for fun in college. I listed it, but I had a list of all my hobbies in that experience, not just tennis alone.

List ALL future courses, period. Prereqs or not, any courses you know you will be taking, list them.

Definitely put down tennis. They want well-rounded people, and finding time to do other things while keeping up your studies is a plus. You can list it under a general heading of "hobbies", rather than make it its own work/activity, but either way, list it. What if your interviewer is an avid tennis player also? Gives you one more thing to talk about...a fairly low stress subject too.