Listing Publications on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingsfan220

Reaction score
What is the best way to list out paper publications on AMCAS? I've been told that if you have multiple, you should list them under one activity ("Publications"), but how would a person who has multiple (5-6) be able to include all of the citations in just 700 characters? Would it be better to list each as a separate activity if space permits?

Members don't see this ad.

I am impressed by the number of pubs you have! Just a thought, would it help if you just describe your pubs in the 700 characters, and followed by a link of your research profile (website, webpage with complete citation of all your work, eCV)?

Reactions: 1 user
I am impressed by the number of pubs you have! Just a thought, would it help if you just describe your pubs in the 700 characters, and followed by a link of your research profile (website, webpage with complete citation of all your work, eCV)?

The issues with a link is that from what I've seen a lot of reviewers are looking at printed copies of these and won't necessarily be able to click on one.

Maybe consider using short hand citations with the first author, et al then if the title is short include it but if not just put the journal name and then the specific code for your paper.

For example...

Smith, John, et al. Journal name. (2018): ####-####

You could also just cite the most significant 2 or 3 and then mention you have several others.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the best way to list out paper publications on AMCAS? I've been told that if you have multiple, you should list them under one activity ("Publications"), but how would a person who has multiple (5-6) be able to include all of the citations in just 700 characters? Would it be better to list each as a separate activity if space permits?
1) Truncate the citation as much as necessary so they fit. If necessary, use only the PMID#.
2) Alternatively, expand into two spaces. Using 5-6 spaces for citations would look "fluffy."

See items #14 & 20 in this post on listing Publications: *~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2018-2019*~*~*~*

My friend had this problem. Used one activity slot with a simple citation for each including a PMID.