Literature regarding traumatic brain injury

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KLPM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting a research project next year with the ICU looking at managing traumatic brain injury. I am trying to get myself semi-updated with the subject. I was curious if anyone can point me towards articles I should read.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses.

I have not completed any ICU rotations, just Psych and Neuro - however when I was on Psych consult I had a TBI patient post motorcycle crash that continually presented problems for providing optimal medical care because his state of delerium and aggitation that included repeated escape attemps and medication refusals.

I found this article to give me some perspective on the probably less often considered neurobehavioral perspective of TBI patients.

Arciniegas DB, McAllister TW. Neurobehavioral management of traumatic brain injury in the critical care setting. Critical care clinics [Internet]. Elsevier Inc.; 2008 Oct;24(4):737–65, viii. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18929941