Little bit of humor...

Started by mom2jnc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mom2jnc

UC Davis Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While we are all anxiously awaiting interview invites (and, nope, nothing from Tufts today) and after reading the articles regarding the induced aneurysm and obese dog & cat, I thought we could all use a little laughter.

This story is absolutely hysterical, true, and the cat turns out to be perfectly fine in the end. But his owner's rendition of the cat being trapped in the garbage disposal is a story that I think all future-vets will appreciate. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

http://www.snopes.com/critters/disposal/catchday.htm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great story about Rudy! I was supposed to be out the door about 5 minutes ago, but I just couldn't stop until I got to the end of the story.
 
Those were both hilarious!! this is still my favorite though http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/jerryp/dogsinelk.html#dogs

it well worth reading all the way through :laugh:
:laugh: Holy cow that's funny! Can you guys imagine getting these types of calls when we're vets? "Uh, yeah my 1)cat's head is stuck in the garbage disposal 2) dog ate all the Thanksgiving rolls and is now drunk or 3) dogs are inside an elk carcass and won't come out. What should I do??"

Oh, I can't wait!!
 
The woman who wrote that article about Rudy lives about 15 min. away from me, what a small world
 
Holy cow (or elk, actually!), Bubbles! Thank you so much for posting that link to the dogs in elk thread -- I laughed until I literally cried. Everyone in my lab keeps walking by my desk asking me what's wrong. Hilarious!!!