General Admissions & OTCAS LIU OT PROGRAM INTERVIEW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniellecicala

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am interviewing for LIU’s OT Program in two weeks. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I also applied to LIU's program in late October, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Would you be able to tell me when you applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I also applied to LIU's program in late October, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Would you be able to tell me when you applied?
I applied on November 21 but I haven't heard anything yet after the interview.

hello all,
I was interviewed on the 25th of January at LIU and on Feb 9th I recieved an email saying that I got waitlisted.
Impatiently waiting for an email with good news :((((

From anyone that got waitlisted at LIU has anyone heard from them yet?

I`m in the program now, but last year when I applied, I was also on the waitlist, and didnt hear back that I was accepted till June. A girl that was in my class found out a few days before orientation. So it might take a while.
I still haven't heard from the program yet, should I just consider that I didn't get in?

I`m in the program now, but last year when I applied, I was also on the waitlist, and didnt hear back that I was accepted till June. A girl that was in my class found out a few days before orientation. So it might take a while.
OMG this gave me so much hope!!!! thank you so much :)

could you please share what were your stats when you applied?

3.64 GPA, 206 volunteer hours. Barely made the required science GPA they wanted, but did it because I retook anatomy, which helped put science GPA up (i really hate anatomy now, much harder than in undergrad...still making it work though)
you had a way much better GPA than I do. I have a 3.1 science gpa and 3.3 overall gpa. 150 volunteer hours(pediatric, and hand therapy, working as an OT aide over a year. Part of volunteer commitee at MDA for over a year as well. How are you liking the program?
Thank you again for replying :)

It`s alright. Science courses are very hard, and take a lot of time and self-studying. The other classes are much much easier. We basically study for anatomy this semester in the easier classes (same for neuro last semester). The neuro and anatomy professors are PTs and their tests are basically all clinical questions. A lot of group work, papers, presentations. Basically everything is group work except for a few things. We have to go to required meetings, called SOTA meetings, every like 2 weeks held by the department. Very very expensive (18k or 15k with merit scholarship every semester so far...which you get if you have 3.2 gpa every semester).

For neuro, we had lab practicals with human brains and quizzes and exams. For anatomy, we have 9 weekly quizzes (she drops one lowest), 3 palpation practicals, and 2 cadaver lab practicals. We just had our anatomy midterm today.

All the professors care about the students and all the classmates are very friendly with each other, though theres still like small groups everyone forms basically as soon as the 1st semester started. 30 people in the class. Schedule this semester is much better than 1st semester, we leave earlier. And you have to do volunteer service every friday (until you get 24 hours). First semester was for pediatrics, this semester for adolescents, and in summer will be for geriatrics.

Also, for finals, its 4 of them in one day. You get an hour for each test on blackboard in any order you want.

this was beyond helpful... thank you so so much. I wish you the best and good luck in your exams :)
I hope i have a chance to get into the program :(

OMG this gave me so much hope!!!! thank you so much :)

could you please share what were your stats when you applied?

Hey! I also got waitlisted and still haven't heard back either. I emailed them yesterday just to touch base, and they said they will know more information by the end of April and will start sending emails then.

Hey! I also got waitlisted and still haven't heard back either. I emailed them yesterday just to touch base, and they said they will know more information by the end of April and will start sending emails then.

Yes I am waiting to hear back from them by the end of this or upcoming week!!! Good luck to both of us :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the waitlist heard back yet?
I’ve been on the waitlist, expecting to hear back end of April/beginning of May but still haven’t heard anything yet. It’s so stressful just waiting. I’m wondering if others have heard back from the waitlist too or maybe they haven’t sent any new info out yet?

I’ve been on the waitlist, expecting to hear back end of April/beginning of May but still haven’t heard anything yet. It’s so stressful just waiting. I’m wondering if others have heard back from the waitlist too or maybe they haven’t sent any new info out yet?

I sent an email and I was told there there is no update yet and that an email will be sent to see who still wants to remains on the waitlist. I understand you, I have been so stressed too!!!

Hello! Does anyone mind sharing their interview experience with LIU? Thank you in advance!

Hello! Does anyone mind sharing their interview experience with LIU? Thank you in advance!

Last year, a full day event with: an introduction to the program, pre-requisite consultation, tour, and group interview.
Each group interview had some similar and some different questions, along with a group activity. My group activity was a physical puzzle of sorts.

Some of the questions were:
Who is your superhero and why?
What did you learn this year?
What were the best advice and the worst advice you have received?
What trends do you see happening in the health field?

Last year, a full day event with: an introduction to the program, pre-requisite consultation, tour, and group interview.
Each group interview had some similar and some different questions, along with a group activity. My group activity was a physical puzzle of sorts.

Some of the questions were:
Who is your superhero and why?
What did you learn this year?
What were the best advice and the worst advice you have received?
What trends do you see happening in the health field?

Thank you so much for replying! Do you go to LIU right now? If so, what is your experience?

Thank you so much for replying! Do you go to LIU right now? If so, what is your experience?
Sorry, I dont go to LIU actually. I am at the OT program at D'Youville college now.

any advice for this years round of interviews? I have one for LIU in a few days