LIU Pharmacy School c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD soontobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a transfer student starting at LIU pharmacy school in the fall, or should I say a month from now!!! Are there any other transfer students out there or if you are attending LIU pharmacy school currently please share some advice. :laugh: Has anyone started the Medical Terminology assignment?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance for the LIU pharmacy program. This question is irrelevant to this topic, but I'm a transfer student as well applying to the pharmacy program for 2010. If you don't mind, what was your GPA and pcat score? Any tips? thanks.

Hi guys, I have a question regarding this school. A friend of mine graduated from this school this spring and she told me that they are not accepting any transfer students no more? But you got accepted and you ar etransfers starting from the 2nd year, right? I have my bachelors and I am thinking of applying for next year. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
It's something like that. The chances of getting accepted into any pharmacy school as a transfer is incredibly low because of the competition, everyone seems to have a 4.0 nowadays. I know some pharmacy schools like touro have lower requirements although I think you need a bachelors in order to apply.

Congrats on your acceptance for the LIU pharmacy program. This question is irrelevant to this topic, but I'm a transfer student as well applying to the pharmacy program for 2010. If you don't mind, what was your GPA and pcat score? Any tips? thanks.

Thanks for congrats! My GPA is a 3.75, and my PCAT score was ok, around 50%. My tip would be to make sure that you apply early, and make sure your reccomendations, and essay are excellent. LIU has a later application deadline, however, they do not accept many transfer students. Good luck and please let me know if you have any more questions! :)

Hi guys, I have a question regarding this school. A friend of mine graduated from this school this spring and she told me that they are not accepting any transfer students no more? But you got accepted and you ar etransfers starting from the 2nd year, right? I have my bachelors and I am thinking of applying for next year. Thank you
I am transferring into P-3 year of the professional phase of the PharmD program, the professional phase is 4 years, I also have a bachelor's degree. I am confident that they are accepting transfer students for next year.

Were you a transfer from another school or a transfer come LIU (not in prepharm program)? I don't know if they take preferences over non-prepharm LIU studs and other college studs. Also, when did you apply for the pharm program (month)? And do you know if they look at your fall semester's grade because I'm applying for the pharm program during my sophomore year and the deadline is Jan 5th and I don't know if they will take a look at my fall grades esp. if I apply early. And did you have any ECs, volunteer, work experience, research? Thanks~

Last edited:
Were you a transfer from another school or a transfer come LIU (not in prepharm program)? I don't know if they take preferences over non-prepharm LIU studs and other college studs. Also, when did you apply for the pharm program (month)? And do you know if they look at your fall semester's grade because I'm applying for the pharm program during my sophomore year and the deadline is Jan 5th and I don't know if they will take a look at my fall grades esp. if I apply early. And did you have any ECs, volunteer, work experience, research? Thanks~

LIU looks at everyones fall grades before sending out interview invites, so make sure to send your transcripts to pharmcas once your final grades for fall comes out. They will also look at your spring grades, as many students fail orgo or physics and get kicked out.

Alright thanks. You are in the pharm program I assume? btw do you know how many students apply yearly (e.g. 2009) including pre-pharms and nonpre-pharm? thanks

Alright thanks. You are in the pharm program I assume? btw do you know how many students apply yearly (e.g. 2009) including pre-pharms and nonpre-pharm? thanks

Yes, I was just accepted to the professional phase, as well. From what I heard, there was about 600 prepharm students who applied for the 2010 cycle and a total of about 2000 applicants.

Were you in the pre-pharm program or transfer? And if you don't mind, what was your GPA, PCAT, etc.? did you have any EC, work experience cause currently I'm lacking those. And do they prefer students that have work experience in pharmacy?

I transferred from another school not LIU. I believe they accept 50 transfer students from other schools, look at the PHARMCAS site. I applied to the program right after completing my PHARMCAS application completely in December, which I would NOT RECCOMEND BECAUSE THAT IS VERY LATE, however, I was working full-time and completing my application at the same time. They will look at your fall grades if you are accepted FOR AN INTERVIEW, you have to at least have a C in the pre-req's. I do have ECs, volunteer, work experience, and research. If you don't have some experience I suggest doing something related to pharmacy so you can be really aware of what you are getting into in terms of a career choice...I would apply early, considering the amount of applicants, and competitiveness of the program. I hope this helps...

Actually there's only a maximum of 200 prepharm students. I just checked the total amount of students in pharmacy orientation class and there's 100 students for this semester. So if you include spring as well there's only 200 and for the pharmacy orientation class there's only 88 students enrolled so I'm assuming less students are applying this year cause some students screwed up, etc.

150 liu students are taken and 50 tranfers are taken

Isn't it 100 LIU prepharm students, 50 LIU non prepharm students, and 50 transfer students?

Isn't it 100 LIU prepharm students, 50 LIU non prepharm students, and 50 transfer students?

no, if you are a liu student and but your name isnt under pre-pharm then you are considered a transfer

What are my chances as a student at LIU but not in prepharm program with a gpa of 3.5? I am currently a sophomore and have yet to take the PCAT but will on october.