Live review course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meyerlandsman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with either the Kaplan or the Premier review courses? I barely passed Steps 1 and 2 and I took Step 3 recently (should have my score soon) but I felt absolutely horrible after the test. I'm trying to game plan in case this time, instead of barely passing, I fail. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Premier Live Course last Fall and Step 3 in early 2008. At the time, I thought the Premier course was excellent and that the notes covered everything. If anything, I thought the notes may have been too detailed. Felt good going into Step 3.

Walked out of the 1st day of Step 3 quite certain I was going to fail. It was so bad, I thought about skipping the 2nd day, but I didn't. My hunch was correct and my score was below passing.

As mentioned, I felt the course was good and covered what I thought was the relevant material. In retrospect, they probably did cover the right material, but the test is basically all reasoning/judgement/management that it's hard for someone else to teach that to you. There were some people in the Premier course who had taken Kaplan and the consensus was that Premier was better than Kaplan. I wouldn't blame my failure on the course. There were tons of Q's on the test I would have missed even with the notes in front of me.

Wait until your scores come back and then post again either way. If it's bad news, consider Premier Review over Kaplan. Scores are emailed; actually, FSMB sends you an email with a link to the candidate site where you can view your score report. My score report date was 20 days after the 2nd day of my exam. FYI, the new miminum pass is 187 (up from 184). Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. It turns out I might not be able to take the live course but like you said, I'll wait for the scores and post again. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and wish you luck on the next round.

Hello. I've failed this test once and now I am thinking about taking premier review.
Can you tell me How long is the material that they have (pages)? How much time do you think that I should spend studying it?
I hope you pass the next time.
Sincerely.

Hello. I've failed this test once and now I am thinking about taking premier review.
Can you tell me How long is the material that they have (pages)? How much time do you think that I should spend studying it?
I hope you pass the next time.
Sincerely.

I recently checked out Premier Reviews online review-Video stream lecture which is suppose to be pre-recorded from there last live review which tends to be every 3-4 months. If you go by there actual live lecture syllabus then excpect to spend an 8:00am to 6:00pm day for the next 7 days. The handouts can be printed out at your home computer. The entire number of pages by the time its all threw is about 350 pages or so. Good luck to you all!!