Liverpool Trauma elective UNSW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here did a trauma elective at liverpool hospital in sydney - and if yes, (or you know someone who did), can you just briefly describe what it's like? I am trying to do an international elective my 4th year but unfortunately, there's very little info available. Especially, I am wondering how hands on it is and what the hours are like. Any info at all would be helpful. You can pm me if you like.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that it is really good, they have a good website that you can google to find out. The drawbacks are: Liverpool apparently is away from central city and the accommodation they provide is apparently a dog.

I am wondering if anyone here did a trauma elective at liverpool hospital in sydney - and if yes, (or you know someone who did), can you just briefly describe what it's like? I am trying to do an international elective my 4th year but unfortunately, there's very little info available. Especially, I am wondering how hands on it is and what the hours are like. Any info at all would be helpful. You can pm me if you like.

If you're looking to do a lot of hands-on work, Liverpool is not a good place to go as as student. From people I've talked to in the past (e.g. a student from Canada) they were not allowed to do any patient contact.

I can talk to someone who just did an elective there and get back to you if you are still interested.

What are you looking to get out of your elective?