Living expenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medstu2006

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering approximately how much do you pay for car insurance per month and for gas? How much do you spend a year, in total, for car expenses? I live in the South and am thinking about buying a car, but not sure if I can afford the expenses. ANy help will be appreciated.
 
medstu2006 said:
I was wondering approximately how much do you pay for car insurance per month and for gas? How much do you spend a year, in total, for car expenses? I live in the South and am thinking about buying a car, but not sure if I can afford the expenses. ANy help will be appreciated.

Get an insurance quote from GEICO.com or Statefarm and it'll give you an idea of how much you'll be paying for car insurance. Gas depends on how far from school you live and how efficient a car you will have. Calculate how many miles a week/month/year you'll drive and then multiply that by the gas prices that are in the South.