Living in North Chicago c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkandtwisty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending Scholl next year l and am a little worried about living expenses. Is it totally doable to live somewhat comfortably on $1600 a month? I also wanted to try and find a roommate. If anyone interested or know of anyone going to Rosalind Franklin who is looking for someone to live with for the (fall) 2011-2012 year? I would prefer a female roommate as I am female. I also have a small dog (she's only about 6 pounds and doesn't shed). I was planning on traveling up there in the spring to look for an apartment in person and then possibly move in sometime in June or July. PM me if you're looking for a roommate!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a dog you are better off living in the Woodlands apartments right next to school. They are pretty popular and almost all the people living there are RFUMS students. The rate per month is cheaper then the on campus housing but your utilities are not included like they are in the on campus housing. Regardless, $1600 per month on living and living expenses would be an astronomical amount of money to spend. This is North Chicago we are talking about. Its the burbs not the city.

Also you might want to post on the classifieds section on the RFUMS website if you are looking for a roommate. Or you can contact the person responsible for housing over at the Woodlands and tell them you are looking for a female roommate. They are pretty good at hooking people up who want to live with other students.

The on-campus and Woodland apartments fill up pretty quickly so you def want to figure this stuff out before you have to live way off campus.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

What are some other areas besides the Woodlands and campus housing? I would be interested in driving to campus if I could live 5-10 minutes away in a suburb with a little more activity. I am hoping to find one with some coffee shops/restaurants/bars within walking/biking distance from my apartment, especially if it means cheaper rent. Any ideas?