Living within walking distance to campus or 20mins by dedicated shuttle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDoom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can do it, if you are organized

Of course he can do it, just 20 minutes away. People even live up to an hour away.

I enjoy living 5 minute walk to the school. I literally see the school as soon as I open the door lol. Useful for the first two years, not so much after that but I'm still here.

Up to you OP. Stay out of convenience, not necessity.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love 40min from campus and I love it. Take the train every day and I really enjoy the commute.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As long as you are great at managing time, then it should not be a problem at all. I enjoy commuting twenty minutes to and back from school because it gives me time to listen to music, talk to family members/friends, and even plan out the rest of my day.

Live at home with your parents. You don't only save a lot of money on food and rent but you also save a lot of time for not having to cook, shop for groceries, or do laundry. When you come home, there is a hot delicious meal ready for you.

Reactions: 1 users
I live off campus from my dental school. I drive about 10 minutes to a parking spot I pay for monthly, and then walk 10 minutes to class. If you like living alone and keeping things in your place the way you want them, I think this is the way to go. I could have lived alone on campus, but the difference in rent living off campus is more than $500 a month. I get my own washer and dryer as well. The cost difference is huge and adds up over your time in school.

Commuting 20-30 minutes to class is no big deal. Just make sure to schedule your time well and manage your responsibilities. I don't even do that very well as of late, yet I've still survived school since I'm not trying to get straight A's. I'd say live farther away for less cost if I were you.