LizzieM Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugstofunc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How accurate is the LizzieM score? Also, for the GPA option on it, do we report sGPA or cGPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Accurate in terms of what? The LM score is just an arbiturary number that lets yourself and others know where you stand in competitiveness.
The score is whatever you make it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How accurate is the LizzieM score? Also, for the GPA option on it, do we report sGPA or cGPA?
It was intended by its originator, LizzyM, that you'd use the cGPA. It is intended as a guideline only, to help suggest schools where you are most likely to be competitive. It also gives the typical applicant an idea of those that are Reach schools and Safety schools, which is not to say you shouldn't apply to any, just that they shouldn't predominate on your list (unless you have significant overriding factors that would change your desirability as a candidate, eg, ex-military or Peace Corps).

Reactions: 1 user
It is merely a way to combine your MCAT and GPA and compare them to the combined average MCAT and GPA of the medical schools. I came up with this after hearing too many people saying they applied broadly with a GPA 3.44/MCAT 505 and then admit they applied only to the top 20 schools plus all the California schools as an OOS applicant. The goal was to help applicants better assess the strength of their academic record and target their applications to schools where they'd be most likely to garner an interview. I do think that WARS, which takes into account more variables, is better these days to assess one's strength:
WedgeDawg's Applicant Rating System (Updated Jan 2017)

The LizzyM remains a good shorthand when applicants want to describe in the pre-med forum their academic record while retaining some anonymity (by not posting exact MCAT and GPA).

Reactions: 1 users
It is merely a way to combine your MCAT and GPA and compare them to the combined average MCAT and GPA of the medical schools. I came up with this after hearing too many people saying they applied broadly with a GPA 3.44/MCAT 505 and then admit they applied only to the top 20 schools plus all the California schools as an OOS applicant. The goal was to help applicants better assess the strength of their academic record and target their applications to schools where they'd be most likely to garner an interview. I do think that WARS, which takes into account more variables, is better these days to assess one's strength:
WedgeDawg's Applicant Rating System (Updated Jan 2017)

The LizzyM remains a good shorthand when applicants want to describe in the pre-med forum their academic record while retaining some anonymity (by not posting exact MCAT and GPA).
Does SDN give you royalties ?