-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LLU 2010 Applicants
Started by ZeroC0mbine
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes I just submitted last week. 😀 Very intense questions on this one. It took some thought.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is kind of weird that they wanted a photo. have any of the other schools you've applied to wanted a photo? I just used one from my graduation. It says that the photo is "voluntary".. so I'm not sure if that means it is required or not.
They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?
They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?
i'm curious, what did you use for ur spiritual guide reference?
anyone heard back from llu?
did they say they were going to call or mail the invitations?
did they say they were going to call or mail the invitations?i read on their website that interviews start in november, but none of us have heard anything yet...

An LOR should definitely play up any positives there are about you. Do you show up weekly, or do you help lead regularly? Is he familiar with some kind of extracurricular volunteering or work you do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone got invites yet?
They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?
i'm curious, what did you use for ur spiritual guide reference?
I'm curious too as to your spiritual guide reference. I applied through pharmCAS w/o noticing the need for that specific LOR source. I highly doubt I'll be getting a supplemental invite, hah.
I submitted my pharmcas application without a letter from a spiritual leader and I still received an invite for a supplemental. I think the screening process to get a supplemental is pretty basic. I got a letter from a 7th day adventist in my community even though I was raised Baptist. I haven't been regularly going to a Baptist church for a number of years so I thought it would be a good opportunity to learn about the 7th day Adventist beliefs and life style. After a while meeting with the pastor and him getting to know me he was more than happy to write me a letter. So even if you aren't particularly religious or haven't been going to church regularly you can still get a good letter from someone. So don't just give up on Loma Linda because of this requirement. I know that it is a great school and I didn't want to exclude it because of one requirement. 😀 I hope we all hear back soon!
so interview invites are not send out yet i guess
They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?
They probably will because of their strong outreach program to impress and convert every non-believer.
I just got a call today for an interview next week. I'm super excited. Anyone else got a call? Good luck everyone!
Congrats hellorx! 🙂 What date is your interview? I still haven't heard anything yet 🙁
Mine is on Monday next week. I'm sure they'll start calling everyone else very soon. Don't worry.
Congrat and good luck Hellorx, can you please share us your stats, pm me if you want, when did you submit your secondary application?
Mine is on Monday next week. I'm sure they'll start calling everyone else very soon. Don't worry.
wow congrats! i'm still waiting as well. When did you submit your supplemental and are you associated with the 7th day church?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats:
GPA: 3.8
I have a B.S. in biochem
PCAT: 97 (I know they don't require PCAT score but who knew if this score actually helped me)
I submitted my application early October but my spiritual adviser submitted the rec mid oct. I'm not a 7th day Adventist.
I hope you guys will get an interview soon. Good luck!
GPA: 3.8
I have a B.S. in biochem
PCAT: 97 (I know they don't require PCAT score but who knew if this score actually helped me)
I submitted my application early October but my spiritual adviser submitted the rec mid oct. I'm not a 7th day Adventist.
I hope you guys will get an interview soon. Good luck!
My stats:
GPA: 3.8
I have a B.S. in biochem
PCAT: 97 (I know they don't require PCAT score but who knew if this score actually helped me)
I submitted my application early October but my spiritual adviser submitted the rec mid oct. I'm not a 7th day Adventist.
I hope you guys will get an interview soon. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing, hellorx,
Your stats are solid 👍. I submit mine last week. I will have a BS in Biology summer 2010 My spiritual adviser has exams at school now so he will not finish my rec until this weekend. I am Catholic.
good luck on your interview, hope to hear good news from you soon.

anymore interview invites? 

no, still waiting for any interview invites
hellorx,
can you tell us about your interview? And can you share some experience about it as well? Tks!
can you tell us about your interview? And can you share some experience about it as well? Tks!
I just got a call today for an interview next week. I'm super excited. Anyone else got a call? Good luck everyone!
hellorx,
can you tell us about your interview? And can you share some experience about it as well? Tks!
Hi, overall the interview was not so bad. There was an essay at the beginning. Mine was really easy and had nothing to do with religion. There are two separate interviews with 2 professors. They did ask me questions to really know my background and me as a person. There was a professor who made me feel intimidated though. He asked me why I am here and why in the world I want to be a pharmacist as the first questions lol. I was prepared for those questions but still caught off-guard
. They also asked me a scenario in pharmacy where a patient cannot afford the medicines. I prepared for the interview by looking at the interview feedback page. If you do so, you should be set for it. I don't know the result yet. Good luck everyone!Thank you Hellorx! Good luck on your interview result. Can you let us know what topic did you have on the essay part? By the way, I think you are the first person in this forum who had the interview at LLU. U're so awesome and congratulations!!!Hi, overall the interview was not so bad. There was an essay at the beginning. Mine was really easy and had nothing to do with religion. There are two separate interviews with 2 professors. They did ask me questions to really know my background and me as a person. There was a professor who made me feel intimidated though. He asked me why I am here and why in the world I want to be a pharmacist as the first questions lol. I was prepared for those questions but still caught off-guard. They also asked me a scenario in pharmacy where a patient cannot afford the medicines. I prepared for the interview by looking at the interview feedback page. If you do so, you should be set for it. I don't know the result yet. Good luck everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 208
- Views
- 30K