LLU 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroC0mbine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to there and have you completed their supplemental already?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I just submitted last week. :D Very intense questions on this one. It took some thought.

I submitted it but i haven't turn in my photo. Will that be okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is kind of weird that they wanted a photo. have any of the other schools you've applied to wanted a photo? I just used one from my graduation. It says that the photo is "voluntary".. so I'm not sure if that means it is required or not.

Uh...maybe they want to see how sincere your face looks?

They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?

Are you a religious Buddhist? Or just a buddhist by name? It makes a big difference to them.

They sent me an email to notice that my application is completed and I will hear from them soon. However, I'm Buddhism, so I don't think that they will be interesting in me. What do you think?

i'm curious, what did you use for ur spiritual guide reference?

I got an email saying the I will be hearing from LLU soon!

SoOo...when is soon !?

I received that email a month ago but I haven't heard of them yet. Have anyone received an invitation for interview yet? Does anyone know when they will start interviewing?

anyone heard back from llu? :scared: did they say they were going to call or mail the invitations?

I think they mail the invitation. But you can ask them to email you the invitation as well. As of now, I'm still waiting for my interview. Hopefully I can get invited...

i read on their website that interviews start in november, but none of us have heard anything yet...:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I am sending my appl to LLU, I asked a spiritual leader to write me a letter , but he does not know what to write!! JUst say maybe that he comes for weekley prayers and is a good human being overall!!? I am lost!

i'm curious, what did you use for ur spiritual guide reference?

I'm curious too as to your spiritual guide reference. I applied through pharmCAS w/o noticing the need for that specific LOR source. I highly doubt I'll be getting a supplemental invite, hah.

I submitted my pharmcas application without a letter from a spiritual leader and I still received an invite for a supplemental. I think the screening process to get a supplemental is pretty basic. I got a letter from a 7th day adventist in my community even though I was raised Baptist. I haven't been regularly going to a Baptist church for a number of years so I thought it would be a good opportunity to learn about the 7th day Adventist beliefs and life style. After a while meeting with the pastor and him getting to know me he was more than happy to write me a letter. So even if you aren't particularly religious or haven't been going to church regularly you can still get a good letter from someone. So don't just give up on Loma Linda because of this requirement. I know that it is a great school and I didn't want to exclude it because of one requirement. :D I hope we all hear back soon!

They probably will because of their strong outreach program to impress and convert every non-believer.

still waiting to hear from them .... hopefully soon

anyone hear anything yet? their website says they start interviewing in november. :confused:

Still waiting as well. Hopefully soon....

I just got a call today for an interview next week. I'm super excited. Anyone else got a call? Good luck everyone!

I just got a call today for an interview next week. I'm super excited. Anyone else got a call? Good luck everyone!

Congrats hellorx! :) What date is your interview? I still haven't heard anything yet :(

Mine is on Monday next week. I'm sure they'll start calling everyone else very soon. Don't worry.

Mine is on Monday next week. I'm sure they'll start calling everyone else very soon. Don't worry.

Congrat and good luck Hellorx, can you please share us your stats, pm me if you want, when did you submit your secondary application?

wow congrats! i'm still waiting as well. When did you submit your supplemental and are you associated with the 7th day church?

My stats:
GPA: 3.8
I have a B.S. in biochem
PCAT: 97 (I know they don't require PCAT score but who knew if this score actually helped me)
I submitted my application early October but my spiritual adviser submitted the rec mid oct. I'm not a 7th day Adventist.
I hope you guys will get an interview soon. Good luck!

My stats:
GPA: 3.8
I have a B.S. in biochem
PCAT: 97 (I know they don't require PCAT score but who knew if this score actually helped me)
I submitted my application early October but my spiritual adviser submitted the rec mid oct. I'm not a 7th day Adventist.
I hope you guys will get an interview soon. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing, hellorx,
Your stats are solid :thumbup:. I submit mine last week. I will have a BS in Biology summer 2010 My spiritual adviser has exams at school now so he will not finish my rec until this weekend. I am Catholic.
good luck on your interview, hope to hear good news from you soon.:xf:

hellorx,
can you tell us about your interview? And can you share some experience about it as well? Tks!

hellorx,
can you tell us about your interview? And can you share some experience about it as well? Tks!

Hi, overall the interview was not so bad. There was an essay at the beginning. Mine was really easy and had nothing to do with religion. There are two separate interviews with 2 professors. They did ask me questions to really know my background and me as a person. There was a professor who made me feel intimidated though. He asked me why I am here and why in the world I want to be a pharmacist as the first questions lol. I was prepared for those questions but still caught off-guard :laugh:. They also asked me a scenario in pharmacy where a patient cannot afford the medicines. I prepared for the interview by looking at the interview feedback page. If you do so, you should be set for it. I don't know the result yet. Good luck everyone!

Hi, overall the interview was not so bad. There was an essay at the beginning. Mine was really easy and had nothing to do with religion. There are two separate interviews with 2 professors. They did ask me questions to really know my background and me as a person. There was a professor who made me feel intimidated though. He asked me why I am here and why in the world I want to be a pharmacist as the first questions lol. I was prepared for those questions but still caught off-guard :laugh:. They also asked me a scenario in pharmacy where a patient cannot afford the medicines. I prepared for the interview by looking at the interview feedback page. If you do so, you should be set for it. I don't know the result yet. Good luck everyone!
Thank you Hellorx! Good luck on your interview result. Can you let us know what topic did you have on the essay part? By the way, I think you are the first person in this forum who had the interview at LLU. U're so awesome and congratulations!!!