LM ~ 81 school list with a twist!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I'm hoping for some feedback/constructive criticism on my school list for next application cycle! Here's my relatively vague bio:
  1. LM: ~ 81
  2. ORM
  3. Undergrad: Public University
  4. Clinical experience: ~300 hrs primary care patient intake/taking vitals, ~1200hrs ED scribe, ~200hrs clinical volunteering
  5. Research experience: 4 years, 2 labs, ~ 1200hrs, 6 presentations, 1 thesis, 0 pubs
  6. Shadowing experience: ~ 60hrs (Peds, family medicine, sports medicine, ICU, ophthalmology)
  7. Non-clinical volunteering: ~350 hrs underserved populations
  8. Other extracurricular activities: ~1200hrs food service, ~1400hrs public health work with underserved populations, ~500hrs TA experience, ~300hrs Leadership positions in 2 clubs
  9. Honors/Awards: A few noteworthy scholarships, research and academic awards (nothing earth-shattering though)
  10. Other Stuff: Strong interest in family medicine which pairs very well with my experience and the story that my application will tell. I'm currently enjoying my first of two intentional gap years (doing public health stuff). Unfortunately got a minor IA 5 years ago (alcohol-related, verbal warning in the freshman dorms).
TL;DR Good stats, decent ECs, digs family medicine, unfortunate IA, requesting school list help

Here's the current list:
1. Case Western
2. Duke
3. Emory
4. Quinnipiac
5. Dartmouth
6. Harvard
7. Temple
8. Mayo
9. Medical College of Wisconsin
10. Northwestern
11. Ohio State
12. Penn State
13. Penn
14. Stanford
15. University of Chicago
16. University of Iowa
17. University of Miami
18. University of Michigan
19. University of Minnesota
20. University of Pittsburgh
21. University of Rochester
22. University of Virginia
23. University of Wisconsin
24. Vanderbilt University
25. Wake Forest
26. Washington University
27. Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Where's the twist?
That IA probably won't derail you. I *think* MCW will probably not bother with you for a yield protection. Not interested in NYC (Sinai, Cornell, Columbia, NYU)?

Where's the twist?
That IA probably won't derail you. I *think* MCW will probably not bother with you for a yield protection. Not interested in NYC (Sinai, Cornell, Columbia, NYU)?

I'll admit that the "twist" part was a bit of a stretch. I guess I was thinking that the IA could be a bit of a wrinkle in the equation. I'm also not sure if my focus on Family/Preventative Medicine helps or hurts at any of the schools on my list.

I think the NYC schools are amazing but I really can't picture myself living there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll admit that the "twist" part was a bit of a stretch. I guess I was thinking that the IA could be a bit of a wrinkle in the equation. I'm also not sure if my focus on Family/Preventative Medicine helps or hurts at any of the schools on my list.

I think the NYC schools are amazing but I really can't picture myself living there.
No one believes premed students about their “focus”, they change their minds too often

Reactions: 1 user