lmao...some drug rep is out there talking smack...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching CNN...some drug rep whistle-blower named Angie Maher is on Anderson Cooper claiming that some studies she presented to prescribers were questionable because they are written by PharmDs. Sanjay Gupta sitting there nodding in agreement...

I can just imagine priapism321 in a room somewhere wearing a beer-stained wifebeater throwing a half empty beer bottle at this TV.

That's some funny **** right there. In Soviet Russia, drug reps look down on you...

Members don't see this ad.

I can't be any more ambivalent about this case.

J&J Whisleblower

3 whistleblowers get to share in $9 million..including Angie Maher.

Is it the pharma who knowingly violates the FDA regs in marketing drugs or is it the greedy marketing reps who'll break all rules to sell more drugs to pad their bonus? Or Both.

In the end, they both profit despite the penalties paid out.

I think I hate the whistleblowers more.. they ride the corporate as long as they can and when they get laid off, they turn around and blow the whistle.

I expect to see unicorns and pink elephants before I expect to meet a physician who actually writes his or her own original research manuscripts.

It sounds like I am oversimplifying the situation, but I am not...many years spent in that line of business taught me otherwise. While physicians play an important role in designing / conducting research and developing the outline for the manuscript, physicians get involved in the writing process very far along in the manuscript development process, reviewing complete drafts of the work of the staff / contractor MPH, MS, or the aforementioned PharmD.

Review articles and commentaries are even worse...and don't get me started on journal supplements.

The new disclosure requirements that many journals have adopted have made the process more transparent, but haven't changed the fundamental dynamics of the situation; physician authors do very little writing.

Members don't see this ad :)
J&J Whisleblower
3 whistleblowers get to share in $9 million..including Angie Maher.

Why are we working so hard in the pharmacy if we can do this? Do what we're told to do then backstab the company when you are done with... This sounds like a retirement plan to me >_>

Why are we working so hard in the pharmacy if we can do this? Do what we're told to do then backstab the company when you are done with... This sounds like a retirement plan to me >_>

Because, that's not the right thing to do. And you wouldn't want to live that way.

I expect to see unicorns and pink elephants before I expect to meet a physician who actually writes his or her own original research manuscripts.

It sounds like I am oversimplifying the situation, but I am not...many years spent in that line of business taught me otherwise. While physicians play an important role in designing / conducting research and developing the outline for the manuscript, physicians get involved in the writing process very far along in the manuscript development process, reviewing complete drafts of the work of the staff / contractor MPH, MS, or the aforementioned PharmD.

Review articles and commentaries are even worse...and don't get me started on journal supplements.

The new disclosure requirements that many journals have adopted have made the process more transparent, but haven't changed the fundamental dynamics of the situation; physician authors do very little writing.

It's not about who writes better research papers.

It's about some scumbags trying to justify their actions by discrediting others.

I'm sitting here watching CNN...some drug rep whistle-blower named Angie Maher is on Anderson Cooper claiming that some studies she presented to prescribers were questionable because they are written by PharmDs. Sanjay Gupta sitting there nodding in agreement...

I can just imagine priapism321 in a room somewhere wearing a beer-stained wifebeater throwing a half empty beer bottle at this TV.

That's some funny **** right there. In Soviet Russia, drug reps look down on you...

That is really funny man. :lol:

I know several physicians who practice and write their own research. Of course, they also have their own labs, which means that the grad students and fellows write their own papers and help with grants a lot. But the physicians do plenty of the writing, too.

And there are principal investigators that can write really well, and then there are some, whether it's because of a language barrier or whatever, have more difficulties. Just like any other profession/group of people.