LMT education on PTCAS

Started by jmnort9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmnort9

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there, just joined the forum and had a quick question. How should I go about entering my Massage Therapy education into the PTCAS application? It was not broken into specific semesters but by subject and hours. I wondered how best to go about this.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Hey, Jmnort9!

I'm a LMT also, however I won't be applying to PT schools until the next cycle.

On page 32 of the PTCAS instructions guide, it states that there is a section to list any professional licenses and certificates. As you stated, the massage coursework was broken into subjects that were taught for a certain number of training hours vs semesters. As a result those A&P courses we took wouldn't have the same weight as the A&P courses taken at a college or university.

I could be wrong, however, this is the idea I got from reading the PTCAS instruction guide.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app