LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I unfortunately couldn't sign up for any tour dates. Personally, giving a months notice is difficult when trying to request time off work and get financial stuff in order; hence the reason I chose not to do a tour at this moment in time. I live in New Jersey just for distance perspective. Really hoping I get positive news from LMU, I was rejected from the other schools I applied to and not really wanting to re-apply.
 
Trying to remain hopeful for my 2 waitlist and for LMU especially if they have a January class. Really hoping to not apply again [emoji28][emoji1696]
Really hoping you get in somewhere this cycle- I think you’re on the Missouri waitlist with me. But realistically if you have to take a gap year, it’s not the end of the world. I’m a second time applicant, and I’m so grateful for my year of graduate school this year- I’ve grown and learned a lot that I otherwise wouldn’t have.
 
To add on and give some perspective…. I’m currently in the Facebook group and there’s literally only 30 people in it including the few alumni [emoji23] doesn’t include people who have maybe not found it yet but I definitely wouldn’t get super discouraged. Part of the problem is probably that they extended admissions decisions and haven’t heard from those students who might be waiting/trying to decide what school to go to. So I’d definitely expect for you guys to hear more at bare minimum after April 15th
Aren’t they required to tell us before the 15th though?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really hoping you get in somewhere this cycle- I think you’re on the Missouri waitlist with me. But realistically if you have to take a gap year, it’s not the end of the world. I’m a second time applicant, and I’m so grateful for my year of graduate school this year- I’ve grown and learned a lot that I otherwise wouldn’t have.
if it makes either of you (or anyone else seeing this) feel better - I’m on my third cycle and finally got accepted - multiple acceptance
 
if it makes either of you (or anyone else seeing this) feel better - I’m on my third cycle and finally got accepted - multiple acceptance
Congratulations! I know re-applying is not the end of the world and sometimes it can be a good thing; but as you know the mental strain of applying and then the hundreds to thousands of dollars to apply without the possibility of getting accepted is rough. So being able to avoid this would be nice, but personally I made a plan last night that isn't horrible but isn't the plan I had in my head ya know?
 
Congratulations! I know re-applying is not the end of the world and sometimes it can be a good thing; but as you know the mental strain of applying and then the hundreds to thousands of dollars to apply without the possibility of getting accepted is rough. So being able to avoid this would be nice, but personally I made a plan last night that isn't horrible but isn't the plan I had in my head ya know?
No, no. I definitely wasn’t trying to say that it’s easy to do. Just more of a don’t give up if it’s what you really wanna do. It’s mentally draining and very expensive. Just wanted to give some hope that rejections now don’t mean the end of the world
 
To add on and give some perspective…. I’m currently in the Facebook group and there’s literally only 30 people in it including the few alumni [emoji23] doesn’t include people who have maybe not found it yet but I definitely wouldn’t get super discouraged. Part of the problem is probably that they extended admissions decisions and haven’t heard from those students who might be waiting/trying to decide what school to go to. So I’d definitely expect for you guys to hear more at bare minimum after April 15th
How did you get added to that group? I put my deposit down last week!
 
No, no. I definitely wasn’t trying to say that it’s easy to do. Just more of a don’t give up if it’s what you really wanna do. It’s mentally draining and very expensive. Just wanted to give some hope that rejections now don’t mean the end of the world
Ya not totally. I wasn't trying to say it is super easy to do, just after the initial shock wears off and you start processing other options it makes the situation less bad; if that makes sense. Yes mentally and financially draining is tough, but personally this is the only thing I want to do, so I'll apply as many times as it takes; well within a reasonable number of times lol. Personally, I've accepted that if I don't get in this cycle I may take cell and molecular bio, and possibly get another A.S degree in Bioscience Technologies, since I would only need that class and one other; and it would keep me in academic shape with still being able to study and stuff like that; all while working still. Thought about it and realized that going to take some classes and working sounds better then just working full time at least for me; but we will see what the coming weeks bring!
 
Ya not totally. I wasn't trying to say it is super easy to do, just after the initial shock wears off and you start processing other options it makes the situation less bad; if that makes sense. Yes mentally and financially draining is tough, but personally this is the only thing I want to do, so I'll apply as many times as it takes; well within a reasonable number of times lol. Personally, I've accepted that if I don't get in this cycle I may take cell and molecular bio, and possibly get another A.S degree in Bioscience Technologies, since I would only need that class and one other; and it would keep me in academic shape with still being able to study and stuff like that; all while working still. Thought about it and realized that going to take some classes and working sounds better then just working full time at least for me; but we will see what the coming weeks bring!
Honestly, that’s all you can do. Figure out your weaknesses and work on that. For me, the main thing was grades and then my vet hours were a couple years old
 
Honestly, that’s all you can do. Figure out your weaknesses and work on that. For me, the main thing was grades and then my vet hours were a couple years old
True. I don't know what my weak points are and won't until after April 15th. I can only guess that my vet hours are on the lower end and possibly grades, and maybe lack of variety of experience, which the upcoming year would help with all that.
 
True. I don't know what my weak points are and won't until after April 15th. I can only guess that my vet hours are on the lower end and possibly grades, and maybe lack of variety of experience, which the upcoming year would help with all that.
Yeah, sometimes it’s a guessing game to figure it out if you can’t get file reviews. Feel free to message me if you want to talk about it!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email earlier this week asking me to tour on a different day, so I’m touring April 8th instead
 
Hi! I interviewed in February and still am waiting to hear anything. I called admissions last week and left a voicemail but still have not received a callback. This is my number one school so I am really hoping!!
 
Should we reach out if we haven't heard about our status? I interviewed in November and haven't heard anything. I don't want to overrun their systems with another person asking about their status lol. I'm perfectly fine waiting (other then wanting to know ASAP), but I know a lot of us are reaching out wanting to know.
 
Should we reach out if we haven't heard about our status? I interviewed in November and haven't heard anything. I don't want to overrun their systems with another person asking about their status lol. I'm perfectly fine waiting (other then wanting to know ASAP), but I know a lot of us are reaching out wanting to know.

II interviewed in October and I have not heard anything either I emailed I think at the beginning of the month and they said it would be a few weeks. Very anxiously waiting…
 
II interviewed in October and I have not heard anything either I emailed I think at the beginning of the month and they said it would be a few weeks. Very anxiously waiting…
I know so much anxiety!! That's why I haven't thought about reaching out, because I know so many on this thread have done that already and it's roughly the same answer at this point in time. I'm hoping to hear soon, I go on vacation to Florida for a week on Saturday and would like to know then (or get really good news on the trip lol).
 
I know so much anxiety!! That's why I haven't thought about reaching out, because I know so many on this thread have done that already and it's roughly the same answer at this point in time. I'm hoping to hear soon, I go on vacation to Florida for a week on Saturday and would like to know then (or get really good news on the trip lol).

I have a feeling it’ll be next week. Not sure if that means acceptances or waitlist or rejections. I am curious to know what they’d say considering Friday is already April 1st
 
I have a feeling it’ll be next week. Not sure if that means acceptances or waitlist or rejections. I am curious to know what they’d say considering Friday is already April 1st
Ya that's what I'm thinking too. I know last year it was around April 6th for waitlist and stuff according to what other people mentioned on this forum so that date has been in my head.
 
I cannot handle the anxiety of checking my email write literally 10 times a day for much longer 🙁 I told them I was not going to sign up for a visit because I could not make that commitment financially without knowing if I was going there or not. One of my best friends got accepted into midwestern like a month ago and she says that she is struggling to get everything in order in time to move and such. I just want to know haha
 
I cannot handle the anxiety of checking my email write literally 10 times a day for much longer 🙁 I told them I was not going to sign up for a visit because I could not make that commitment financially without knowing if I was going there or not. One of my best friends got accepted into midwestern like a month ago and she says that she is struggling to get everything in order in time to move and such. I just want to know haha
I am also struggling! Did they respond when you told them that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going with we have all been accepted and we are all gonna get good news next week!!! [emoji1694]

I hope so…! But if we are waitlisted do we expect it to move a lot of spots? I’d love to do my tour on the 12th, but really not sure if I’m on the waitlist..
 
In late November, I believe. I'm so happy, I can't even believe it. After rejections and wait lists this is my first 100% acceptance other than the island schools. Still waiting on those wait lists buuuut I'm SO happy to know that I'm at least going somewhere <3
That’s awesome! Congratulations! I also interviewed mid - late nov and am waiting to hear back still!
 
I really wonder why the are doing acceptances this way this year (pretty sure most went out on specific days last year?) - it’s getting so close to the deadline to make commitments and it’s hard to just have no idea 🤷🏼‍♀️
 
I really wonder why the are doing acceptances this way this year (pretty sure most went out on specific days last year?) - it’s getting so close to the deadline to make commitments and it’s hard to just have no idea [emoji2372]

Ikr! I’m getting so anxious about wanting to hear…. Really hoping to get in this cycle and I’m already on 2 waitlist..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a screenshot of the accepted student preview day thing tomorrow? I didnt get the email but have been accepted. Anyone know what is supposed to happen?
 
Does anyone have a screenshot of the accepted student preview day thing tomorrow? I didnt get the email but have been accepted. Anyone know what is supposed to happen?
You would have had to sign up for a certain date, either the 6th or the 12th. This latest email was a confirmation of your signup and directions on where to go and how to get there. If you didn't get an email to sign up maybe call them and see if you can be squeezed in for tomorrow or next week where you've already been accepted!