LMU c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TinyTheRunner

Penn Vet c/o 2026
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for Lincoln Memorial applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I applied to LMU this cycle and haven't received any emails from them despite VMCAS verifying my application. I know they are supposed to notify us about interviews this month, and maybe it's my anxiety but I just wanted to see if LMU sent any emails saying your application was received.

Hi, I applied to LMU this cycle and haven't received any emails from them despite VMCAS verifying my application. I know they are supposed to notify us about interviews this month, and maybe it's my anxiety but I just wanted to see if LMU sent any emails saying your application was received.

I haven’t received anything specific about my application yet since submitting only an email about FAFSA! But according to the APVMA Facebook group it looks like some people were offered interviews at the beginning of October and they will be offering them now through February if it is the same as last year. I‘m not positive though this is my first time applying to LMU!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! First time OOS applicant for LMU, second time applying overall! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys they started interview invites. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Third time applicant for LMU (OOS but I believe they don’t distinguish) I saw some people questioning interview dates, I interviewed my first year and got an interview invitation around Christmas and interviewed in February, didn’t interview last year, and already have one scheduled for this cycle

Hi ya'll I got an invite by email 10/1 and have my interview tomorrow 10/25!(OOS) Anyone happen to know the format/style of interview? The only information I've been given is that I have 15 min and it's on zoom.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi ya'll I got an invite by email 10/1 and have my interview tomorrow 10/25!(OOS) Anyone happen to know the format/style of interview? The only information I've been given is that I have 15 min and it's on zoom.
You'll have 2-3 faculty in your interview. It's very laid back and they will ask situational questions, "tell me about a time when x,y,z happened." If you have enough time at the end of their questions, you do have the opportunity to ask them questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite 10/22 (three days ago). I'm OOS, applied literally the day VMCAS was due. My interview is Nov 1 so veryyy soon! Any more info about what to expect and/or how to prepare would be great

I received an email this morning from Lincoln Memorial University regarding a "virtual session" on 10/29 from noon-1PM with a veterinarian. Is this technically an interview invite?

I received an email this morning from Lincoln Memorial University regarding a "virtual session" on 10/29 from noon-1PM with a veterinarian. Is this technically an interview invite?
No, it’ll say that you’ve been invited for an interview. This is just another information session.

Hi guys! I received an interview invite this morning (10/27) and my interview is November 8. I submitted my application on September 28.

Does anyone have an idea of how many early acceptances they send out in December? Or how much different components make up of the decision (I know some schools provide a percentage breakdown online like __% grades, ___% essays, __% interview etc) and I wasn’t sure if anyone knew of LMU’s breakdown, thank you!!

Does anyone have an idea of how many early acceptances they send out in December? Or how much different components make up of the decision (I know some schools provide a percentage breakdown online like __% grades, ___% essays, __% interview etc) and I wasn’t sure if anyone knew of LMU’s breakdown, thank you!!
Follow this link--their application break down is on their website

Hi everyone!

I received an interview invite on October 22nd and I'll be interviewing on November 8th, OOS applicant. My application was submitted on September 14th. Good luck to everyone!

Last year they sent about 50 spots out in December

Hey guys- LMU says they send out interview invites in September through October. So if I don't receive an interview invite by the end of this month is it likely I won't at all? Thanks!

Hey guys- LMU says they send out interview invites in September through October. So if I don't receive an interview invite by the end of this month is it likely I won't at all? Thanks!
Their website say interviews happen October through January so I would expect them to still be sending out invited past October? I know my first cycle, I got an interview invite a couple days before Christmas, but that was pre-covid.

Their website say interviews happen October through January so I would expect them to still be sending out invited past October? I know my first cycle, I got an interview invite a couple days before Christmas, but that was pre-covid.
Thanks! That makes me feel better :)

Hi everyone!! I just went to my online portal and saw that it says deadline has passed in my application screen? Does anyone else’s say this? I paid the fee and submitted everything, so I’m under what this means? Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone!! I just went to my online portal and saw that it says deadline has passed in my application screen? Does anyone else’s say this? I paid the fee and submitted everything, so I’m under what this means? Thanks in advance!!
Does it show you the circle that says 100% complete?

Does it show you the circle that says 100% complete?
No it doesn’t! I remember the circle before I submitted, but now it’s just all red writing saying it’s past due? I looked on past threads and this is a glitch that happened to others so I’m freaking out!!

No it doesn’t! I remember the circle before I submitted, but now it’s just all red writing saying it’s past due? I looked on past threads and this is a glitch that happened to others so I’m freaking out!!
I'm sure it is just a glitch and it will all be okay! If you email them hopefully they can provide you with some reassurance!

Hello! Does anybody know of a hispanic first year LMU-CVM student (c/o 2025) that I can talk to?
I tried contacting the school, but I haven't received a response yet.

Hello, everyone! I received an interview invitation just now, first time OOS applicant. Any tips for the interview? Thank you=)!

Hello, everyone! I received an interview invitation just now, first time OOS applicant. Any tips for the interview? Thank you=)!
Be concise and it’s your answers. The 15 minutes go FAST

Just got an interview invite - I'm so nervous! It says the interview will take less than 30 minutes - that sounds terrifying! What sorts of questions will they ask?

Edit to say: I am OOS

Last edited:
How many more OOS waves of invites do we think there will be? Starting to get nervous :cryi:

How many more OOS waves of invites do we think there will be? Starting to get nervous :cryi:
They don't differentiate between OOS and IS. Last year they sent out a wave in December. The LMU master's students interview in January and they usually have one or two more interview days after that.

Hey everyone! Third time applicant for LMU (OOS but I believe they don’t distinguish) I saw some people questioning interview dates, I interviewed my first year and got an interview invitation around Christmas and interviewed in February, didn’t interview last year, and already have one scheduled for this cycle
Hi Bryanna! Good luck to you this cycle!! You got this :) May I ask if the interview focuses on situational type questions or is it a mix of that plus the other usual questions that are asked?

p.s. is this question not allowed to be discussed about? If not, then please disregard! I don't want anyone to get in trouble. First time applicant here so I am unsure what is allowed and what is not.

Hi Bryanna! Good luck to you this cycle!! You got this :) May I ask if the interview focuses on situational type questions or is it a mix of that plus the other usual questions that are asked?

p.s. is this question not allowed to be discussed about? If not, then please disregard! I don't want anyone to get in trouble. First time applicant here so I am unsure what is allowed and what is not.
Thank you! Best of luck to you as well! It’s a pretty good mix of all types of questions

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well! It’s a pretty good mix of all types of questions
Adding onto this - as Bryanna stressed, they will ask several questions in a pretty short period of time. I only ended up with time in the end to ask one question, and it cut out right as one of my interviewers finished the answer (was very lucky with the timing, lol). Would definitely recommend practicing with someone, especially while timing yourself with your answers! They do a good job of helping you feel comfortable at the beginning of the interview as well, so it can help with nerves a bit. Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews!

For those who have received interviews, is there an online portal or email that you guys got that said "Application is being sent to committee" or "Application is being sent for processing"?

For those who have received interviews, is there an online portal or email that you guys got that said "Application is being sent to committee" or "Application is being sent for processing"?
I never got anything like that?

I'm nervous LMU may be totally out of the cards for me since I haven't heard anything. My portal just says I'm under review. Does this change when you get an interview? Is it possible I've been rejected and I just don't know it?

I'm nervous LMU may be totally out of the cards for me since I haven't heard anything. My portal just says I'm under review. Does this change when you get an interview? Is it possible I've been rejected and I just don't know it?
They don’t send rejections until closer tk the decision date. But they do send interviews out for a while at least in the paat

They typically don't send much in the terms of emails. The first time I applied to them I did get a rejection email early on around Oct-Nov. Plus they tend to do interviews until January so I would say no news is good news!

They typically don't send much in the terms of emails. The first time I applied to them I did get a rejection email early on around Oct-Nov. Plus they tend to do interviews until January so I would say no news is good news!
No news is good news. It at least means you meet minimum requirements and are still in the running!

Hi everyone!! 1st time OOS applicant :) I haven't heard anything yet and my portal still says my application is under review.

Hi all! I interviewed in late October and got the interview invite in early October (I submitted my app on Sept 9, and I think I was in the first round of people offered an interview). I know LMU doesn't distinguish between IS and OOS but I'm a TN resident - and still have not heard anything regarding a decision :)

Hi all! I interviewed in late October and got the interview invite in early October (I submitted my app on Sept 9, and I think I was in the first round of people offered an interview). I know LMU doesn't distinguish between IS and OOS but I'm a TN resident - and still have not heard anything regarding a decision :)
The earliest you would hear is December. They will send out about 50 acceptances in December and the rest in February/March :)