LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetcat2

Reaction score
Starting this new thread since I havent seen one yet for January.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I recently received LMU-CVM’s interview, which has 3 mini scenario interviews. I have never attended scenario interviews before. Is it going to be like Casper tests? What should i prepare? I would appreciate any advice for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I recently received LMU-CVM’s interview, which has 3 mini scenario interviews. I have never attended scenario interviews before. Is it going to be like Casper tests? What should i prepare? I would appreciate any advice for this.
It’s similar to Casper type questions. So do a bunch of those and use the star method. We can’t give you specifics as we signed non disclosures about the interview questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished with my interview and I don’t know how to feel about it…it was rough for me 🥲

Finished my interview! I really hope this is my future school!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed today as well. I’m sure you did good!
thank you I’ve been accepted into their masters program so this interview was for the January vet class! 🤞🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
thank you I’ve been accepted into their masters program so this interview was for the January vet class! 🤞🏼
Hopefully we will get their decisions soon! I was interviewing for the silver cohort as well!

Reactions: 2 users
So I did my Casper test last night but I noticed it says results will be in 2-4 weeks. Does that mean I won’t hear from the vet school til then? I was hoping to get an answer before I decide to pack up my things and leave to start the master’s program but if I have to, I don’t mind it. Any insight on this?

So I did my Casper test last night but I noticed it says results will be in 2-4 weeks. Does that mean I won’t hear from the vet school til then? I was hoping to get an answer before I decide to pack up my things and leave to start the master’s program but if I have to, I don’t mind it. Any insight on this?
It will take 2-4 weeks for the Casper score results to be sent to the school. You will see your scores one month after you have taken your test. I assume things will be accelerated if you are applying for the January start.

But it’s a good mindset to have that you might not hear back for a few months.

To others that interviewed last week, does anyone know when we should hear back? Is it whenever in August or like this week or next?

Members don't see this ad :)
To others that interviewed last week, does anyone know when we should hear back? Is it whenever in August or like this week or next?
I’m guessing it won’t be until mid/late August but I’m going to be religiously checking my email every day anyways 😂

I’m guessing it won’t be until mid/late August but I’m going to be religiously checking my email every day anyways 😂
I really hope sooner than later but realistically know how this goes. You aren't alone, I'm checking my email constantly!

It is finally August!! Now to just get this month movin' along...

I was told to watch my email. The website says decisions will be made in August. Pretty vague...

how is everyone doing? sitting on pins and needles yet??

First time applicant - OOS
Refreshing my email about 50 times a day at this point!

Hoping for spring. But I have a masters program on standby for this fall if that doesn’t work out. But I need to register for that by Aug. 21st Really needing some news from LMU
Hopefully, they will send out decisions very soon. When was your interview?

You sound like an excellent candidate! Where did you attend undergrad? Did you apply to any other vet schools this cycle?
UNL. Waiting to hear from LMU before applying to other schools. #4 on UMN waitlist but no movement on that list since May.

UNL. Waiting to hear from LMU before applying to other schools. #4 on UMN waitlist but no movement on that list since May.
Good Luck..fingers crossed :) Hopefully we will hear good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called admissions to ask about the timeline??

Has anyone called admissions to ask about the timeline??
I heard it was a busy orientation week and that they would not be answering calls until next week. If you do get through, can you please share the information?

I claim "not it" for calling admissions! I'm dying to know but don't want to bother them either.

Hi everyone! Current Silver Student here and CVM Student Ambassador. Admissions has been very busy with orientation and probably won’t get back to you regarding any questions you may have until things slow down. If you have any questions about the school, curriculum, housing, or anything like that you can message me. Good luck and please be patient with admissions they will get back to you as soon as they can. The waiting game sucks a lot.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Current Silver Student here and CVM Student Ambassador. Admissions has been very busy with orientation and probably won’t get back to you regarding any questions you may have until things slow down. If you have any questions about the school, curriculum, housing, or anything like that you can message me. Good luck and please be patient with admissions they will get back to you as soon as they can. The waiting game sucks a lot.
Thank you!

For those who interviewed with hopes of a fall start did your email say for the blue cohort? I was hoping for a fall start, but got an interview for silver. Still super excited and grateful ofc I was just curious : ))))))))

For those who interviewed with hopes of a fall start did your email say for the blue cohort? I was hoping for a fall start, but got an interview for silver. Still super excited and grateful ofc I was just curious : ))))))))
The new application period opened in May and most that are replying on the current tread are hoping for silver cohort as the interviews took place in July. Fall start applicants (fall 2024) still have time to apply as the deadline is mid-Sept.