LMU-DCOM Class of 2011 Bios

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I guess I should post something on here, I've only been talking about DCOM (and been accepted) for a few months now :laugh:

My name is Jim and I'm 26. I'm married (you may know her 😎) and have no kids and am from the south suburbs of Chicago. I went to the University of Illinois at Chicago and majored in Mechanical Engineering. I started taking pre-med classes about halfway thru the ME program when I realized ME wasn't for me, but I didn't want to start all over with a new major. After graduating from UIC, I went to a CC to finish my prereqs, then went back to UIC to take more advanced BIO classes. I love to golf (I REALLY LOVE IT :biglove:), watch NASCAR (go Jeff Gordon), football (GO BEARS!!!), and baseball (go Cubs). I really like to dissect cadavers too - I know, it's gross, but I like it. I'm a big photography guy too. I got accepted to DCOM back in January and will be moving to LaFollette in a few days. I am very excited about DCOM and starting this crazy journey. I look forward to meeting you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hi Everyone,

I just found this thread so....my name is Dawn I am 35 and currently live in Tucson AZ. I have two kids my son is 11 (almost 12) and my daughter is 8 (going on 28). I have been divorced for 4 years and my ex is in the military so I've lived just about everywhere (including Japan for 3 years). I graduated 11 years ago from Indiana State University with a BS in biology and a minor in political science. Remembering that stuff for the MCAT after 11 years was pure torture I'll tell you. +pissed+ I have wanted to be a doctor ever since high school but put it off for my family and my then husbands career. I am overjoyed to be back at it and getting started on my dream.

I like all kinds of sports to play and watch. Football(Steelers), baseball (DBacks), basketball (Suns), hockey...you get the picture. :beat: I have run 3 marathons and done 5 or 6 short distance triathlons so if any of you all want a running/cycling/swimming buddy I'm up for it. I play softball, like to camp but haven't for a while (have you tried it alone with two children...yeech😱), etc. This sounds like a singles ad. Sorry

Anyway I'm excited about going to DCOM and moving to TN. I look forward to meeting you all soon!😍😍😍