LMU-DCOM (Knoxville) vs PCOM (Georgia)

Started by ksudee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ksudee

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thrilled to have two acceptances!

LMU DCOM (Knox)
Pros
  • Campus is 50min from family and hometown
  • Multiple rotation sites very close to home (ease of housing).
  • I would love to do residency in eastern TN, so rotations here could potentially help me network maybe?

Cons
  • Reports of sudden policy changes & high faculty turnover


PCOM (GA)
Pros
  • Better match list
  • Better research opportunities (I think?)
  • Better overall quality of rotations

Cons
  • 2.5hr from family.
NOTE: I was unable to find official first time pass rates for COMLEX for LMU DCOM Knoxville since it is a newer campus.

Summary: I think most would agree PCOM is a better school on paper. However, I am very family oriented and really value being closer to home, so I am hesitant on making a decision right now.

Thank you for your time.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad