LMU-DCOM Knoxville vs. VCOM-Carolinas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magnoliamariposa

Reaction score
Can any current students or recent alumni give some insight on either LMU-DCOM Knoxville or VCOM-Carolina campus? Accepted to both but can't decide which is the better choice. Sorry if this has been posted before but I am looking for updated info.

I greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current students or recent alumni give some insight on either LMU-DCOM Knoxville or VCOM-Carolina campus? Accepted to both but can't decide which is the better choice. Sorry if this has been posted before but I am looking for updated info.

I greatly appreciate it.

Ok, so as a former student at VCOM-Carolinas I would strongly advise you NOT to go to there! It was truly awful. No support, terrible administration (they only care about how much money they make) they don't care about the students. They don't respond to student feedback.

At the beginning I thought it was a great school, but I heard second years discussing their dissatisfaction with various things. I didn't have the same negative opinions at first and I didn't understand why they had so many complaints. But as time went on I realized how right everyone was and how bad VCOM is. It culminated when I got sick and had to be out for a week and they forced me to leave school.

So I went to a different medical school and it was SO MUCH BETTER!! Everything about it was better. They actually want you to learn and succeed.
Also, while I was still a student at VCOM, I talked to my friends at other medical schools about their experience at their medical schools and it was all very different than VCOM-Carolinas. They were shocked when I told them about what VCOM was like.

I am not the only student who left VCOM-Carolinas. A lot of people were very unhappy there.

So...I know that was long, but I really wanted you to know about VCOM-Carolinas, what it is really like. I am not familiar with LMU-DCOM Knoxville, but I would choose it over VCOM. Anything over VCOM-Carolinas! I'm sorry to be so negative, I just wanted to be honest, so you know from a previous student what it is like there. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did!

Here is an article about my experience there if you would like to know more details: My Experience at VCOM CAROLINAS

Choose LMU-DCOM Knoxville!!!

thank you for your message! I am so sorry you experienced this!

I ultimately received other acceptances and decided to attend somewhere else while I am still waiting to hear back from other schools.

Reactions: 1 user