LMU-DCOM vs CHSU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bosh

Reaction score
Comparing these schools- what’s a pro / con for either? I’m a Virginia resident who grew up near dc. Interested in emergency medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest attending CHSU-COM since DCOM is going through a lot of changes currently and it'll probably save you from some headaches. However, we are not sure what types of things you are considering in terms of your decision. Do you mind being far away from home? Also, the tuition for both is similar.

W
I would suggest attending CHSU-COM since DCOM is going through a lot of changes currently and it'll probably save you from some headaches. However, we are not sure what types of things you are considering in terms of your decision. Do you mind being far away from home? Also, the tuition for both is similar.
Well; my graduate school left me out to to dry with my primary recommendation (promised July, given January) which prevented me from receiving any interviews from my local secondaries (MD and DO.) I only had one MD interview and 5 DO interviews (2 admit, one waitlist) overall I’ve had 32 rejections but no interview from anything on East Coast (yet; silence from Howard, PCOM, NYITCOM) but given the late stage I don’t think proximity isn’t a choice/luxury for me now.

LMU-DCOM... I don’t understand any of the chatter about it or what changes are coming. They’re very southern, but I don’t know know the reputation of the school outside of web research. I’m new here. My offer is at Harrogate campus.

CHSU... no one has even graduated yet but (“Yay Cali vibes”) I’m ready to go but I have no idea what I’m jumping into and my close-knit half-Asian clingy family is imploding.

I don’t mind being far... they do. Do I have a shot at any more interviews this late in the process?