LMU-DCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is on the waitlist? It seems pretty populous and this might be a good way of tracking any movement.

Members don't see this ad.

I AM! on waitlist since november :(

I feel ya! Since October for me :(

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: Feel free to PM them to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from them still after my interview (>1 week ago) so I'm assuming i'm in the same boat as you (or...rejection...). Just waiting for the official letter to arrive so I'll know for sure. My stats are around the point (if not lower) than most of the people that have been waitlisted or rejected so who knows.

It seems like they're waitlisting a lot of people at this time?

Gluck to all of you!

If I had to hazard a guess, and that's just what it is...a TOTAL guess....I would say you'll see a lot of movement starting in late April or mid May at the latest since interviews will have finished up. I'm not actually sure when the last interview date is, but I feel like they go into May for sure. Hang tight kids :luck:

If I had to hazard a guess, and that's just what it is...a TOTAL guess....I would say you'll see a lot of movement starting in late April or mid May at the latest since interviews will have finished up. I'm not actually sure when the last interview date is, but I feel like they go into May for sure. Hang tight kids :luck:

I hope so! We need good luck for sure :luck:

I just hope everyone that knows they aren't going to attend do us all a favor and kindly let them know!

I hope so! We need good luck for sure :luck:

I just hope everyone that knows they aren't going to attend do us all a favor and kindly let them know!

This. I will gladly take their spot. Now.

I'm also in the same boat since October. In late Jan, she said about 30 people were on the wait list and with the recent class expansion, why didn't they just accept us?!

I'm also in the same boat since October. In late Jan, she said about 30 people were on the wait list and with the recent class expansion, why didn't they just accept us?!

yeah, I'm not sure what's going on in terms of numbers. Though, like I said, it seems like they're waitlisting A LOT. Out of the 10 people we had at my interview, I've only heard that 2 got in so far...

yeah, I'm not sure what's going on in terms of numbers. Though, like I said, it seems like they're waitlisting A LOT. Out of the 10 people we had at my interview, I've only heard that 2 got in so far...

Yeah, I also feel like they are waitlisting a lot... hmm. I've also heard that quite a few seats are still open so hopefully that's good for us. However, they continue interviews for quite some time, so we'll see what comes out of those.

Yeah, I also feel like they are waitlisting a lot... hmm. I've also heard that quite a few seats are still open so hopefully that's good for us. However, they continue interviews for quite some time, so we'll see what comes out of those.

Hopefully! At my interview they said that they're interviewing into April unless the class fills up. I wonder if anyone had interviews this week since no one posted.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not to be a downer, BUT....sometimes waitlisting isn't just an issue of room in the class. With that said, be sure to send any updates you have....a letter of intent if you've been on the list a while/this is truly your #1 school....etc.

Hopefully! At my interview they said that they're interviewing into April unless the class fills up. I wonder if anyone had interviews this week since no one posted.
Hmm....I signed up for some of the interviewee lunches recently and I feel like they had dates open through early May. No guarantees on that, but that's just what I recall.

Speaking of interviewee lunches- I'll be at Monday's lunch for anyone who is interviewing then!!

Not to be a downer, BUT....sometimes waitlisting isn't just an issue of room in the class. With that said, be sure to send any updates you have....a letter of intent if you've been on the list a while/this is truly your #1 school....etc.

Hmm....I signed up for some of the interviewee lunches recently and I feel like they had dates open through early May. No guarantees on that, but that's just what I recall.

Speaking of interviewee lunches- I'll be at Monday's lunch for anyone who is interviewing then!!

Maybe you're right. I interviewed 2-3 weeks ago so maybe they expect to be doing more interviews since then. I'm just gonna sit tight and pray that the dean just got super busy/isn't in town/forgot to call me rather than think about what the letter they mailed me (hopefully) is going to say.

Maybe you're right. I interviewed 2-3 weeks ago so maybe they expect to be doing more interviews since then. I'm just gonna sit tight and pray that the dean just got super busy/isn't in town/forgot to call me rather than think about what the letter they mailed me (hopefully) is going to say.
Wait, HOLD UP....

You haven't heard anything for sure yet?!

No lost hope yet, girl!

If you don' thear anything in a week or so though, I would recommend contacting the admissions office. No matter the decision, interviewees usually receive a letter of some sort within 2 weeks. Obviously if it really have been only 2 weeks, hang tight. If it's truly been 3 weeks, give it another week and just double check with them that they sent it to the right address, etc. Sometimes they just get behind, but I've never heard of someone not having their decision, good or bad, by 3 weeks.

Wait, HOLD UP....

You haven't heard anything for sure yet?!

No lost hope yet, girl!

If you don' thear anything in a week or so though, I would recommend contacting the admissions office. No matter the decision, interviewees usually receive a letter of some sort within 2 weeks. Obviously if it really have been only 2 weeks, hang tight. If it's truly been 3 weeks, give it another week and just double check with them that they sent it to the right address, etc. Sometimes they just get behind, but I've never heard of someone not having their decision, good or bad, by 3 weeks.

Haha im trying not to but the silence is scary. The only good thing is that no ones posted that they got a call from the dean this week so maybe they ARE just behind. I'm giving them this week and then on thursday/friday contacting them. The lack of an answer is KILLING ME

Haha im trying not to but the silence is scary. The only good thing is that no ones posted that they got a call from the dean this week so maybe they ARE just behind. I'm giving them this week and then on thursday/friday contacting them. The lack of an answer is KILLING ME
Yeah if no one has posted anything, don't worry!! Even then....sometimes 2 or 3 people will get the call and the rest who got in, won't. It's seriously just a matter of time. I know the inconsistency is annoying, but at least it means there's still hope! :)

K. Just got the letter: officially on the alternate list. *sigh*.

Last edited:
Waitlister right here. Don't give up hope!! There is always room to make it happen, you've just gotta believe you can do it! Never give up!!

Waitlister right here. Don't give up hope!! There is always room to make it happen, you've just gotta believe you can do it! Never give up!!
^This^ All you guys need to really realize what a blessing that class size increase is for you right now. Just keep your chin up, keep doing things to better your application (don't wait for a new application cycle to do that!!), keep the office posted on any new developments and remember you didn't come this far to just lose your steam. Good luck to all the future interviewees and all those waiting to get off that list :luck:

It seems to me that LMU is interviewing a LOT of people and also making the waitlist quite extensive. I wonder how many people are actually on the list...

^This^ All you guys need to really realize what a blessing that class size increase is for you right now. Just keep your chin up, keep doing things to better your application (don't wait for a new application cycle to do that!!), keep the office posted on any new developments and remember you didn't come this far to just lose your steam. Good luck to all the future interviewees and all those waiting to get off that list :luck:

This!! No sense worrying about the number of people on it or how it works. Make yourself stand out.

It doesn't seem to matter if there was a class size increase, from what I was told, LMU will continue to interview late applicants through end of April possibly into May and then, only then, will they look at the wait listed applicants and review them and offer them seats IF THEY REMAIN....also they do not have a ranked wait list...

It doesn't seem to matter if there was a class size increase, from what I was told, LMU will continue to interview late applicants through end of April possibly into May and then, only then, will they look at the wait listed applicants and review them and offer them seats IF THEY REMAIN....also they do not have a ranked wait list...

that's what I've been hearing too but I'm gonna contact them and double check because from whta people have posting on the LMU discussion thread, it seems like some people have gotten accepted off the waitlist already.

Yeah, they accepted a few in late January/early Feb, and I think it was a handful of people off the waitlist, best of luck, don't lose hope

that's what I've been hearing too but I'm gonna contact them and double check because from whta people have posting on the LMU discussion thread, it seems like some people have gotten accepted off the waitlist already.

My roommate got accepted off of the wait list back in December. There has been movement - don't lose hope.

Did anyone get a confirmation email from janette martin when they emailed asking to be kept on the WL? I emailed to tell them I'm still interested almost 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything from them. And of course the anxious, panicky me is thinking they didn't receive the email. I'm trying to avoid calling/emailing them for another week or two since I sent them a LOI 1.5 weeks ago and I don't want to seem annoying/crazy.

Did anyone get a confirmation email from janette martin when they emailed asking to be kept on the WL? I emailed to tell them I'm still interested almost 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything from them. And of course the anxious, panicky me is thinking they didn't receive the email. I'm trying to avoid calling/emailing them for another week or two since I sent them a LOI 1.5 weeks ago and I don't want to seem annoying/crazy.

Nope I didn't get a confirmation. But if you emailed them and sent a LOI then you should be good :)

According to what janette was telling waitlisters last year, the took less than ten people off the list. I tried very hard all the way till classes started. Even in august, she stated they removed less than ten applicants from their waitlist which was around eighty people. In july she confirmed they only removed, and I quote, five or six people. So u never know, but do not hold your breathe, their waitlist moves very little, and appearantly, according to my interviewers and janette herself, there was nothing wrong with my application, or interview. In fact they said both were very good. It left me mind boggled and till this day, I cannot understand why I was waitlisted and why I was not removed. So expect the worst in a big way. And if it happens, awsome.

I can't say how they're handling the list THIS year, at this point, but previously, the would re-evaluate waitlisters at adcom meetings, pulling some off as they went along. I doubt asking them how they're handling it now is really going to yield much of a satisfying answer....just sit tight kids!!

According to what janette was telling waitlisters last year, the took less than ten people off the list. I tried very hard all the way till classes started. Even in august, she stated they removed less than ten applicants from their waitlist which was around eighty people. In july she confirmed they only removed, and I quote, five or six people. So u never know, but do not hold your breathe, their waitlist moves very little, and appearantly, according to my interviewers and janette herself, there was nothing wrong with my application, or interview. In fact they said both were very good. It left me mind boggled and till this day, I cannot understand why I was waitlisted and why I was not removed. So expect the worst in a big way. And if it happens, awsome.
They may have only taken a few last year, but it's all circumstantial. This year, there are 75 more seats to go around. Also, it all depends on how adamant the people who first got their applications in and were accepted here are about coming....sometimes people take that spot just to have one and then hold out to get pulled off the waitlist at their number 1 choice. So the applicant pool and their level of interest in the school really will affect how much the list moves.

I can't say how they're handling the list THIS year, at this point, but previously, the would re-evaluate waitlisters at adcom meetings, pulling some off as they went along. I doubt asking them how they're handling it now is really going to yield much of a satisfying answer....just sit tight kids!!

They may have only taken a few last year, but it's all circumstantial. This year, there are 75 more seats to go around. Also, it all depends on how adamant the people who first got their applications in and were accepted here are about coming....sometimes people take that spot just to have one and then hold out to get pulled off the waitlist at their number 1 choice. So the applicant pool and their level of interest in the school really will affect how much the list moves.

Very few applicants give up their spots to this school. I understand it fluctuates but the people who are accepted here for the most part attend. Even most on the waitlist would accept their spot if pulled off and not look back. Its a great school.

Very few applicants give up their spots to this school. I understand it fluctuates but the people who are accepted here for the most part attend. Even most on the waitlist would accept their spot if pulled off and not look back. Its a great school.
It can still vary from year to year though...

And there's no doubt that an extra 75 spots will help. Especially since they seemed to be on track with normal class filling speed as of the holiday break...I am basing that solely on what people posted on here about the class being only half full by December or so. That's still a LOT of seats to fill. I just don't want these kids to lose hope....that's the worst thing you can do in this situation :)

Dthe class only bieng half full is a good sign. I undertsand u don't want them to love hope but realism is often necessary. They shud write their lors and make contact but don't count on getting off their waitlist. It can happen and they shudnt lose hope, they shud keep trying but do not anticipate it happening because realistically the chances are low. I. Don't mean to be a debby downer.

Dthe class only bieng half full is a good sign. I undertsand u don't want them to love hope but realism is often necessary. They shud write their lors and make contact but don't count on getting off their waitlist. It can happen and they shudnt lose hope, they shud keep trying but do not anticipate it happening because realistically the chances are low. I. Don't mean to be a debby downer.

was last year the exception to the rule in terms of 10 getting off teh WL or is that the norm? I keep hearing quotes about 20-30 people getting off and whatnot. I'm def not getting my hopes up at this point--the WL seems EXTENSIVE at this point--but I was just curious.

was last year the exception to the rule in terms of 10 getting off teh WL or is that the norm? I keep hearing quotes about 20-30 people getting off and whatnot. I'm def not getting my hopes up at this point--the WL seems EXTENSIVE at this point--but I was just curious.

This year's waitlist does seem very large.

Someone in our c/o 2016 group said that they were told the 225 seats won't be filled if they can't do it with qualified applicants. That they won't fill them just for the sake of filling them.

I haven't heard in weeks how many seats remain but people are getting interview dates of late April.

Someone in our c/o 2016 group said that they were told the 225 seats won't be filled if they can't do it with qualified applicants. That they won't fill them just for the sake of filling them.

I haven't heard in weeks how many seats remain but people are getting interview dates of late April.

I completely understand the philosophy of only filling seats with qualified applicants. However, I fail to understand something else. Why leave seats unfilled and people on the waitlist? If they feel as though individuals on the waitlist are unqualified, then why put them on the waitlist in the first place? By no means do I feel as though I am anywhere near being the most competitive applicant, but I would much rather just be given a straight "no, you aren't qualified enough" rather than being led on only to be told the same answer 7 months later.

Im pretty sure there are tons of qualified applicants; way more then the number of spots that apply for DO school.

I highly doubt they would even leave one seat unfilled.

Waitlisters dont lose hope! People get called all the time off a waitlist, the experience sucks im sure waiting to see what happens, but you're on the waitlist for a reason; because they feel you can succeed there.

Im pretty sure there are tons of qualified applicants; way more then the number of spots that apply for DO school.

Waitlisters dont lose hope! People get called all the time off a waitlist, the experience sucks im sure waiting to see what happens, but you're on the waitlist for a reason; because they feel you can succeed there.

I thought that was the difference between WL and a post-interview rejection/no invite for an interview...would kinda suck to be in limbo and then be rejected because I wasn't considered qualified enough of an applicant to begin with.

I completely understand the philosophy of only filling seats with qualified applicants. However, I fail to understand something else. Why leave seats unfilled and people on the waitlist? If they feel as though individuals on the waitlist are unqualified, then why put them on the waitlist in the first place? By no means do I feel as though I am anywhere near being the most competitive applicant, but I would much rather just be given a straight "no, you aren't qualified enough" rather than being led on only to be told the same answer 7 months later.

I understand your frustrations. However, what I can say is that if true (remember, this was posted by someone - doesn't mean it's gospel) it means they're not accepting lesser quality applicants in the process at this point. I meant that to be a good thing for you guys - I think you took it negatively.

Since there may end up being empty seats in the class (maybe even more than normal) it makes sense that anyone on the waitlist this year has a better chance than in previous years. At least that's my take on it.

Every empty seat is ~$160,000 the school won't get across four years. I'm sure they want to fill them and as long as the waitlist has competitive applicants it's hard to imagine them not being accepted from it.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you 100% but I think this year is a little different. I think they'll fill them - one way or another - but you have to remember that DCOM got 75 additional seats after the first of the year. In application pool terms that's pretty late in the season to add 75 seats to a class and fill them with the 'cream of the crop' so to speak. So, what do you do? Lower your standards a notch to fill all 225 or leave some unfilled and hit the ground running in the Fall? I'm sure it's a hard decision to make.

By January most of the extremely competitive applicants have already paid matriculation deposits elsewhere and the majority of the ones who are applying post-January are the ones who applied MD and are getting nervous. There are of course outliers who are just late in applying, etc.

I hope every single person waitlisted in this thread gets in just because it's obvious you care so much about the school. I do hope, however, that you are considering backup options in the event that you do not. Whether that includes improving your application through retakes or ECs in the meantime or taking a post-bacc if needed.

All of you are capable of being doctors, quite clearly, just hang in there - c/o 2016 or 2017 doesn't matter. In the end you'll all succeed and we will be right here supporting you through the entire process! :thumbup:

I'm officially waitlisted too. Now that I'm on the waitlist at both dcom and vcom, I'm thinking about trying to beef up my application for next year. Would it be better to have a variety of volunteer experiences, or just one with a ton of hours? I, personally, would rather put in a decent amount of hours at multiple places just to get a variety of experiences. I feel that choosing just one limits the experiences you can have - i.e. is spending 300 hours in pediarics better than 80? What have I seen in the last 220 that I didn't see in the first bunch? I don't want to send the wrong message though, that I "can't" stick with one thing. What's your opinion? Anyone know what schools are looking for? (Especially DCOM?!?) Thanks!

I'm officially waitlisted too. Now that I'm on the waitlist at both dcom and vcom, I'm thinking about trying to beef up my application for next year. Would it be better to have a variety of volunteer experiences, or just one with a ton of hours? I, personally, would rather put in a decent amount of hours at multiple places just to get a variety of experiences. I feel that choosing just one limits the experiences you can have - i.e. is spending 300 hours in pediarics better than 80? What have I seen in the last 220 that I didn't see in the first bunch? I don't want to send the wrong message though, that I "can't" stick with one thing. What's your opinion? Anyone know what schools are looking for? (Especially DCOM?!?) Thanks!

Find one and stick with it. Most schools would rather see you do only one volunteer experience but do it through all four years of school vs. a page of experiences that were 30-40 hours.

In some regards, you're right that a wealth of experiences is beneficial. If you had it to do over from freshmen year the ideal thing would be to find one activity to do for four entire years and add in other experiences around it.

However, if you're starting something late in the game, the goal of that extracurricular activity is really just to show that you can take on an undergraduate load and juggle other responsibilities. Further, if you take on a responsibility and maintain it over a great deal of time it shows tremendous commitment.

Starting medical school is a commitment and one that you have to stick with for the long haul. 7+ years is a long time to spend on any one thing. The medical school and residency path you're about to go down is, as you know, longer than your entire college career up to this point (assuming you're traditional). Essentially, they want to see proof on paper and in your interview that when you take on responsibilities you take them on seriously and stick with them.

As I said before, to any freshmen who might stumble across this thread, the ideal thing is to find something you can commit to for your entire undergraduate career and get small experiences on the side.

Hope that helps you somewhat! Hang in there - had an undergrad friend get pulled off VCOM wait list on Friday so there's some movement there as well!

In years past, there have usually been more than that pulled off it, or at least that's what has been stated by people who have asked. I can't say I ever asked this question personally.

I got waitlisted the first year I applied too...didn't get pulled off the list. But there's still 4 months until orientation. One of my classmates here got pulled off the list DURING orientation when someone had to withdraw, so just keep yourself ready at any point. It's very possible to maintain your realism and still have hope. You have to have a little hope in order to make the transition easier if you get pulled off at the last minute. It requires quite a flexible person to do that and you might end up living in a hotel for a week like classmate did :)

Last edited:
well... im in. WL in jan

well... im in. WL in jan

What were your stats, if you don't mind sharing? When did they call you? Will you be going there or UPike? Sorry for so many questions lol

Most importantly, congrats!!

What were your stats, if you don't mind sharing? When did they call you? Will you be going there or UPike? Sorry for so many questions lol
got the mdapplicant profile under my name. i just got a letter in the mail about it first week of February. if i had my choice, i would go to my state MD school first, lmu 2, kycom 3, pcom-ga 4, and wcu-com last